Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2005 Accent GS(177,410km) Still going strong!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 05:55 PM
Default 2005 Accent GS(177,410km) Still going strong!

12 years of my life,

Hello everybody, I have a 2005 Accent GS 14" Hatchback, that is almost at the 200k mark.

I've had some problems with it, but not major problems until this past week,

The A/C compressor seized up, and when i took it to the mechanic, he told me he had a very hard time with the bolts that attach the a/c compressor to the engine block. He wasn't sure if he could do it, and he said there was a chance it might damage the engine block.
He said there was major rust, and eventually the bolts broke,

Luckily! he was able to take out the broken bolts, and put in my new a/c compressor.

This was probably the biggest repair to date, and maybe a new radiator,

I wish i would have taken more notes on exactly price of repairs,oil changes and maintenance cost of the car,

Although, i did keep notes of what i have got done to the car. I would like to share it with everyone,

I put about 16km per year on this car since i live close to work.

I was looking into buying a new car, since i thought the a/c compressor wasn't going to be able to be removed, and i can't live without a.c! Plus its an old car! I thought maybe it's time for a new car

It's a 12 year old car, bought it brand new, for about 20,000cad(paid it off in 4 years)

I bought it because its a 2 door and it was the cheapest car, at that time in 2005

I would like to keep it for as long as possible, the mechanic told me as long as i change the timing belt at the required km's , brakes and oil, it would likely last me a lot more years.

Did i mention, ive always use synthetic oil, it helps out in the winter.

I have had battery problems since i have a viper car alarm in it, and sometimes im gone for a couple weeks on vacation the car alarm drains the battery, so ive gone through several batteries.

I was so stupid before, i never thought about disconnecting the battery before i leave on vacation, that would of probably saved the life of the battery... part1

Part 1 continued..

I was always fighting and trying to figure out why my battery doesn't last long, for years
This year i realized that it was because if you let a battery drain once, it won't be the same as new and possibly damaged

I had a battery switched installed and now whenever i leave, i just quickly turn the **** and the battery is disconnected, no need to get my hands dirty,

My next car will be brand new as well, i would've bought a new car last year but they don't make any nice 2 door cars anymore that are cheap with insurance, My insurance told me my hyundai accent doesn't qualify as a sports car even thought it's a 2 door car because its has no power to it,

So insurance has been cheap!

I am not attached to hyundai, my next car will be the cheapest brand new car i can find, only need power windows, power locks & a/c

I am also worried because i've never had a transmission flush done on the car or coolant flush, at least i don't think so, i cant remember and i keep at the receipts and log most things, i didnt see it there, or maybe i missed it

i don't have pictures of the car, it's nothing special, has a little bit of rust everywhere and scratches everywhere,

yes, its and old car, but as long as it gets me from point a to b, i am happy, also did i mention a mouse lived in my car for over a year?
he ate my napkins and ate a bit of my seat until i put a mouse trap and killed him, he was big!

anyways,

During those 12 years since owning my car, ive saved up for my next car. I have 25,000 in cash ready for my next car,

I plan(if i can) to keep this car for another 12 years, or until it hits 500,000km

Who thinks i can keep it that long?and if i should..

here is 2 pics of the km's and my maintenance log
( i think over the 12 years it's cost me 10 grand or less for repairs & oil changes/maintenance, i don't know exactly

thanks for reading my 12 year old story

Attached Thumbnails 2005 Accent GS(177,410km) Still going strong!-20170514_074155.jpg   2005 Accent GS(177,410km) Still going strong!-log.png