Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2005 Accent two issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:39 PM
Default 2005 Accent two issues

2005 Accent, US, 1.6L, automatic trans.

1) I have a recurring P0441 that I can not get rid of. Background: I purchased the car April 2014. The check engine light came on about 1 week after I bought it. I connected my scan tool and read the code (P0441), but took no action at the time. The light later went out a day or so after. Over the next few months, the light did the same, it would come on, then shortly go out, same code. I didn't drive the car over the winter. It was due for emissions test in March. I knew I had to fix the issue since the engine light was on again, so I knew it wouldn't pass. I checked the system, found the canister was leaking pellets, so I removed the canister, blew the lines out with compressed air all the way to the purge valve, and installed a new canister. Light went off immediately without clearing the code. Great! I thought, it's fixed. I had the emissions test done, passed with no faults. Until a week later, when the light returned. I scanned, same P0441. The fuel cap was tested during emissions, and was ok, but just in case, I fitted a new cap, cleared the code, and a couple days later the code returned. What should I test next? I don't want to just swap parts.

2) A/C doesn't work. Worked perfectly last summer but didn't come on right away, sometimes took 10 minutes or more before compressor would engage, but when it did come on it was nice and cold. Now, it doesn't come on at all. I did notice the condenser fan does not come on when the A/C button is pressed inside. I checked the fuses, A/C relay, and fan relay, and all tested good. Jumping the load side of the condenser fan relay causes it to turn on. Jumping the load side of the A/C relay causes the compressor to engage. I connected manifold gauges with relay jumped to test pressures, had ~36psi low and ~200s high. I am thinking pressure transducer or ECU since the fan doesn't turn on. What is the next troubleshooting step?