Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2007 Accent starting in Accesory Position.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 08:35 AM
Syl
Default 2007 Accent starting in Accesory Position.

2007 Accent initial was making a noise after starting like the starter was still engaged. This was intermitent. I read that it could be a bad Nuetral Saftery Switch or a bad ignition switch. I was told to give the ignition swith a short squirt of lubrication (WD40). It Worked for a while.

The issue came back and did something really wierd. When turning the key, it would start in the accesory postion before even geting to the start postion. I checked this several times and it would do it about 1 out of every 2-3 tries. I thought for sure it is the ignition switch so i replaced with new OEM switch. This worked for a week. Now the new switch is doing the same thing.

I did check to see if the car does this in any drive position and it only occurs in Park and Nuetral.

Is it a badd starter? Or

Is it the Nuetral Saftey Switch? I understand there are posibly two swithches - one behind the brake and one on the transmision? Not sure where they are located.

Please help. The is my daughters car and she is leaving for college next weekend.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:40 PM

This sounds more like shorted wiring
Which can be quite a task to find
A schematic with wire colors might help

Good luck

Old 08-11-2019, 06:33 AM

This sounds very familiar. The ignition switch in my 2004 Accent sometimes gets really hot. I was CERTAIN that it would not last the life of the car, but so far it has. My Accent also has electrical problems, initially they were just annoying little nuisances, but then several years ago, one of the electrical issues started "confusing" the computer, causing it to produce bogus codes. Check engine light is on CONSTANTLY, and it throws a code stating that the Evaporative Emissions Module is malfunctioning, even though it is NOT malfunctioning. It's been checked numerous times, and it is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing. But the code keeps returning. I need to get the waiver every time I get it inspected due to the incorrigible CEL. I hope you have better luck finding your electrical problem than I have had. Good luck! Please let us know if you find out what's going on. I personally would very much like to know.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:50 PM

Have heard that water leaks in through the windshield and can cause all sorts of electrical issues??