Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:55 AM

You don't notice the steering is kind of wandering, needing lots of corrections? Some people have reported that. I guess it depends on what you're used to. I'm still leaning towards fiesta.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:15 PM

You don't notice the steering is kind of wandering, needing lots of corrections? Some people have reported that. I guess it depends on what you're used to. I'm still leaning towards fiesta.
Ummm not really, I mean it is sensitive but not wandering in anyway. Go test drive it and see how it feels for you.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:09 AM

mrmr,
Could you explain what the "voice command" is and what it does and how it works?
Also, my car was assembled in Korea and consists of 90+% Korean parts. This is according to the window sticker. I guess the majority of the "other" parts are chinese.

Everybody keep in mind that the mileage figures I quoted are under ideal conditions. No AC, windows up and mostly level and straight ground. And notice the speeds quoted.
By turning on the AC or raising the speed over 55, the mileage plummets. rolling the windows down also cuts into the mileage.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:16 AM

My car does not have any problems with wandering or weaving. I took it on a long trip with lots of long staightaways and it steered perfectly straight and fine. Must have been the Toyota boys spreading that rumor.
Don't let the last post by me fool you. The car IS capable of 50+ mpg. You simply have to stay at 55 mph!

Old 06-23-2011, 06:04 PM

anyone know if the dealer can install keyless entry and cruise control to the base sedan in M/T?

also does anyone know if keyless entry or cruise control come standard with the hatch?

Also, I just noticed the SE hatch trim (highest trim) has sport-tuned steering? Anyone know what that means?

Last edited by kazza2ud; 06-23-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:13 AM

my car has wandered a bit, but not always. I think it's because of the electric power steering.

The dealer can install that but in the end you'll pay almost the same as an SE model, which is what I have.

Voice command works by the computer listening to your voice for a command and then it does something based on that command....

Old 06-24-2011, 07:12 PM

ok so today i test drove the fiesta and the accent for hours and i think i may have changed my mind. the steering wasn't perfectly precise, but quite good/fine. everything else was pretty much better than the fiesta. the dealer said they'd install a keyless entry system for me for not too much. i'll need one more quick spin in the accent to confirm, but i might be a convert.

Last edited by kazza2ud; 06-25-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:28 AM

if you can afford it, go for the higher-end model with bluetooth, cruise control, alloy rims.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by kazza2ud
We have ordered a GS with AT.

I drove a 4dr with AT and noticed the "funny" steering on the freeway. Others have described it as "wandering" and I agree. It concerns me but not enough to not purchase the car. I'm hoping I can get used to it or get it changed.

I found this utube on the Hyundai electric power steering (MDPS). I did notice this discussion of a "European/general" setting in the "steering effort per region" at the 3:50 min mark. I'm hoping I can reprogram to "European" setting.

YouTube - ‪Hyundai Power Steering (MDPS)‬‏

Old 06-25-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by 2012accent
I just bought a $17k one "pretty loaded." Yes its worth it! It is an amazing piece of machinery. No Honda, BMW, or Lexus has ANYTHING on it. Its simply the small version of the "large" 2011 Sonata, and the "medium" Elantra. Coulda had an Elantra or Sonata, but liked the Accent better.

The fuel economy is simply STELLAR at moderate speeds. The thing will average 58+mpg at 45 mph. At 55 it is getting 54mpg. At 70 it gets 40.5mpg.
These economy figures are steady state figures taken from a rolling start with the windows up and the AC off. Testing was done on flat ground, and over several miles to get an accurate average. The car is equipped with a nice trip/mpg/elapsed time, etc readout. I was using the "average mpg" readout to get my figures. When I can quit playing with it, I'll leave it alone for an entire tank of gas and figure the mileage the old fashioned way in order to verify the accuracy of the system.

In the real world, you can get about 50 mpg on longer trips if you can keep the speed around 55.

...the fit and finish is superb. Materials appearance superb. Excellent power and accelleration if you need it. Superb gas mileage. And it is really comfortable to drive or ride in the passenger seat. Me and my girlfriend just returned from a 400mi. trip and found it to be as comfortable as ANY car we've ridden in. And I weigh 230lb. There's room to spread your legs. The trunk is spacious. AC system is ridiculously cold and starts to work quick. Interior looks more like an expensive car, not one of the cheapest cars you can buy. I like the exterior styling. Got the 16" aluminum wheels and love the way they look. Handles like a sports car. I even love the large side mirrors on this car. You can REALLY see things well in them.
What more could you want? I think it is well worth the price, especially since it will slowly pay for itself in fuel costs you will invariably save over just about any car on the road.
I'm very critical of vehicles. But I simply can't find ANYTHING I dont like about this car!
I find your mpg vs speed tests very interesting. Could I get you to do a few tests changing tire pressure? e.g. std(what is it?) vs +10psi?

thx

Quick Reply: 2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???