Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 03:24 PM

Hey all, Im new here... I just bought the 2012 Accent and its fantastic.

Name:  accent25.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  73.1 KB

We got the premium package that included the bluetooth, USB, XM, Cruise etc. and its great. The voice activation mentioned earlier is for the bluetooth phone interface and its pretty slick :-). We have taken two decent sized trips this week of about 230 miles each in some very hilly terrain and still managed to get over 40 mpg even with the AC on. Fit and finish are exceptional and it has the look and feel of a much more expensive car. I paid a bit more for mine due to some negative equity I had on the vehicle I was trading in, but in the end its worth it to me. My only real complaint with the car so far, and its not really a knock on the car so much as it is the crappy roads in Texas, is that depending on the road surface, the road noise can be quite loud. Its quiet as a mouse on smooth roads, but if the highway has texture, its noisy as hell. The car is equipped with low rolling resistance tires and Im sure that has something to do with the noise issue.

Im trying to employ some 'hypermiling basics' over at CleanMPG.com to get as much out of my gas money as I can without going completely nuts taking out seats and ripping out AC compressors etc. I think with a bit of effort on my part to drive smarter, that mpg's in the 50's will be quite possible if not expected. I plan to switch to full synthetic oil on my first oil change. I found out that I was one of the first to get the 2012 Accent in San Antonio :-))) I knew nothing at all really about the car but their warranty, gas mileage and price had me very interested and we basically bought it on blind faith after driving it. I did pay to extend the bumper to bumper warranty to 100K so the whole vehicle is 100K or 10 years in my case and that should be fine as I plan to drive it about 4-5 years and then trade it in on, hopefully, an electric or a next gen hybrid as the technology should be further along by then and hopefully more affordable.

Happy to answer any questions about the car!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:24 AM

She's beautiful! Have the same car myself, is that the cyclone grey?

Old 06-27-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by echomatics
She's beautiful! Have the same car myself, is that the cyclone grey?
Yep! Thankfully thats the one they had in stock. I saw a blue one that had been sold but the color gave me a headache.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Default hatchback

Anyone know when the hatchback is coming out? I'm not sure if I should get a sedan or wait for the hatch. I want a manual transmission, I guess they might not offer manual at first, anyone know?

Last edited by kazza2ud; 06-27-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by kazza2ud
Anyone know when the hatchback is coming out? I'm not sure if I should get a sedan or wait for the hatch. I want a manual transmission, I guess they might not offer manual at first, anyone know?
When I got my car, the salesperson said they would have hatchbacks in a couple of weeks...so, about a week from now. Of course, the guy could have been talking through his hat. I dont know if you have looked at the Accent with auto, but its got a sport feature that acts like a manual, allowing you to shift through all the gears as you want. It may not exactly be a manual (no manual activated clutch for example) but its pretty convenient.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:21 AM

I actually found some posted online in manual so it seems both will be available soon. I know keyless entry comes standard with the hatch (doesn't with manual sedan) but also body color door handles. Damn, now I have decide...

Old 06-28-2011, 01:35 PM

In Vancouver, Canada they had both the Sedan and the Hatchbacks in stock. did test drive both and decided on the sedan myself. Found the back window on the Hatchback to be very small and provided a bad rear mirror view, but other probably use to that them I was.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 PM

My Hyundai dealer said they should be getting the HB's in by the end of July.

I think I'm gonna go test drive a sedan and see how I like it and fit in it.
I haven't seen either in person BUT I love the HB online.. LOL

I've got to check out the colors too. Online I like Marathon Blue but I want to see it in the sunshine. I'm gonna either get that blue or the black or maybe grey LOL

Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2012AccentGS
My Hyundai dealer said they should be getting the HB's in by the end of July.

I think I'm gonna go test drive a sedan and see how I like it and fit in it.
I haven't seen either in person BUT I love the HB online.. LOL
Youre going to love the 12 Accent! Im larger than the norm (6'2" 290) and my wife is 5'10" and 230 and we have plenty of room. Matter of fact, with the seat lowered to its lowest setting, I have more headroom than I did in my Dakota and I have to move the seat forward so that Im not really reaching a long way for the steering wheel.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 PM

I'm 6'2 also but my wife is 5'2 LOL

I'm glad to hear that there is plenty of room in front, but how about the rear seats? I have two boys 4, and 6 and they are in boosters still. In my GP I have to move my seat up a little so their feet could be comfy and not squished. But in the wifes Santa Fe they have plenty of room but I feel squished, even with the seat all the way back.

I hope I can get a GS or SE with auto for less than $300 a month.

Quick Reply: 2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???