Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2012 accent mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 06:25 PM

What size was the tubing? I have a ton of aluminum piping and exaust pipe so I'm going to make mine out of that instead of that cheep plastic crap.

Originally Posted by Ruisu
Yes it does sit next to the stock cold intake tube which draws air from fron grille not wheel well, and I used a 6" straight and a straight 4" that has vacuum tube holes on it and a rubber connection to connect it to throttle body, I will soon be running a tube from cold intake straight to filter, and it sounds wonderful real low rumble on half throttle.and there might be a small difference in acceleration. I highly suggest making a air box to protect the bottom and backside as there are some sharp edges that may put a hole in the filter I'm working on mine now.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:31 PM

also for the CAI what did you do for the MAF? Where is it exactly?

Old 11-17-2011, 10:38 PM

Do we know if this CAI mod voids any warranty coverage

Old 11-18-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by shiner.in.a.can
Do we know if this CAI mod voids any warranty coverage
honestly i dont think it really matters. all you have to do is keep the old stuff and put it in before you take it back if your that concerned about it. it took me literally 10 min to pull everything out to put the CAI in

Old 11-19-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Greg13146
honestly i dont think it really matters. all you have to do is keep the old stuff and put it in before you take it back if your that concerned about it. it took me literally 10 min to pull everything out to put the CAI in

This is true

Old 11-19-2011, 09:05 AM

Has anyone checked out shark racing?

Old 11-26-2011, 08:29 PM

Did this a couple weeks back but forgot to share this with you all. Plasti dip the back two emblems and the front grill. Its very simple and easy to take off if you screw it up or don't like the final product. You can Google tons of videos and DIY for this.

Attached Thumbnails 2012 accent mods-photo-1-.jpg   2012 accent mods-photo-2-.jpg   2012 accent mods-photo1.jpg  
Old 01-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Default Fog lamp

Originally Posted by ecotrain
I can't find one on the passenger side. Here is a loose one on the drivers side. Might this connect to a fog light?
The connector of your fog light in passenger side is between windshield washer tank and a the frame of the car it really hard to see. You have to take off the tank to have a access to this connector.

If you want a OEM switch for your fog light check on e-bay they have a person who sell all kit 2 fog lamp(left+right),2 bulb light go inside, the OEM switch and the wiring.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:59 PM

Well someday installing a turbo into an accent will be possible as Hyundai is releasing a Veloster Turbo (1.6L engine) 2013.

Only a matter of time until you can get a hold of the parts to put in the accent as they use the same engine.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by mrmr256
Well someday installing a turbo into an accent will be possible as Hyundai is releasing a Veloster Turbo (1.6L engine) 2013.

Only a matter of time until you can get a hold of the parts to put in the accent as they use the same engine.
That's what I was thinking. I really want to put a turbo in my new 12' hatch.

Also wondering if you can get the spoiler that comes in the SE edition aftermarket. I got the GLS, didn't feel like paying $1,500 more just to get the spoiler I wanted.

Rims are also on my list, but it'll all have to wait until I can afford it. It'll be a while.

Quick Reply: 2012 accent mods