Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2014 Accent Driver Side window

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 07:00 PM
Default 2014 Accent Driver Side window

Hello all - first post here.

Recently had problems with my P/S window rolling down but not up when using the D/S window switch - both directions worked fine when using the P/S switch. I had no issues with the D/S window. I bought an EOM D/S Hyundai window switch off ebay (in Hyundai box w/ wrap) and installed the new switch - after this the P/S window works perfectly from the D/S switch. However now the drivers side window is non-responsive to the new switch. When I put the old switch back on, the D/S control would only work intermittently, particularly if i cut the car off and back on again. One day later (today) if I gently connect the wiring harness in the door into the plug on the switch (on either switch, the old one or the new one) the window motor will click and sometimes go up or down (depending if its already up or down, it will do the opposite) without me even pressing on the switch buttons.

I've replaced every fuse that has to do with the power windows - all three 25's, the 10 and the 50. I've used canned air and a brush to clean the female sockets on the wiring harness. Nothing seems to work. I've considered maybe buying a 3rd switch to see if that fixes the problem but it seems silly to throw good money after bad.

Any help would extremely appreciated. My next step would be to use a meter to test the power going through the switch and into the motor but i'm not very experienced doing this. Thank you!

Old 03-06-2021, 05:39 AM

That is what a good shop would need to do to confirm any suspected connection or wiring or switch problem.