Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2014 Hyundai Accent hathback has MICE??

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 10:32 AM
Default 2014 Hyundai Accent hathback has MICE??

Hadn't seen any evidence of mice anywhere except acorn debris and "poop" on top of the engine under the cover. Nothing inside showed any signs of mice anywhere else. Then after the car sat for about 2 weeks I went to get into it and there was shredded toilet tissue all over the driver compartment from a piece of roll I keep in the car for "emergencies"? That and "poop" on the console seats and floor?

So I got the car in the garage and vacuumed and cleaned it up and while I was at it I checked the cabin air filter and it was FULL of crap? Hummm, how did they get in there? I've searched all around the firewall and the cowl vent and I don't see any way they could get in? And if they got in there, how did they get access to the interior of the car when there were NO holes in that filter?

Anyone have any ideas how they got in my car?

Oh and BTW, we also have a 2014 Kia Rio hatchback that I'm going to look at once I finish with my Accent. Wish me luck!

Thanks......................

Old 06-08-2022, 07:04 PM

If I didn't see it in a video , I would have a problem believing it.
Mice can get through an opening about the size of a dime and smaller.. They can be very destructive removing insulation from wiring , leaving droppings around and building nests.. I had to replace a relay panel because the urine was corrosive.

If possible try to avoid parking on grass surfaces or near fields . They can get in through the heating system intake and any possible opening that allows entrance into the vehicle.. They usually look for a place safe from predators and look for warm places .Set a trap or two because if they have young ones and you don"t find them and they die inside the vehicle , the odor is practically impossible to eliminate If you use a mouse trap ,you can always discard the mouse and trap without handling if you choose..

If someone has a better way to keep them out, would appreciate it they would post it here. thanks.

Old 06-21-2022, 06:25 PM

UPDATE: Well, I've parked my Accent in my garage and haven't seen any mice either dead or alive. Checked my Wife's Kia Rio and the cabin air filter in her car was also showing some mouse droppings but NOWHERE near what my Accent had in it!

I've looked that one over top to bottom and I can't see how mice got in that one either?? Only good thing to come out of it is neither car smells like it's been infested so that's a good thing.

Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye on both cars and let you guys know if I find anything................

Just saying....................

Lone

Old 06-22-2022, 07:42 AM

Mice will usually attempt to come inside when the weather turns cold. Set a trap or two and check them regularly. They usually become more active at night.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:13 AM
Default Mice in car fixed

Originally Posted by Lone Gunman
UPDATE: Well, I've parked my Accent in my garage and haven't seen any mice either dead or alive. Checked my Wife's Kia Rio and the cabin air filter in her car was also showing some mouse droppings but NOWHERE near what my Accent had in it!

I've looked that one over top to bottom and I can't see how mice got in that one either?? Only good thing to come out of it is neither car smells like it's been infested so that's a good thing.

Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye on both cars and let you guys know if I find anything................

Lone
Hello,
Been getting mice in engine compartment on cars and trucks for a long time. My 2014 Hyundai Accent is the first where a mouse get inside the vehicle. I found a huge nest below the windshield. It was coming in through the large oval hole behind it. The rain gutter and wipers come off very easily. I bolted wire mesh to the from and haven't seen a mouse since. Living in the country you will always have this issue.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:35 AM
Default Wire mesh photos

Lone
Hi, I attached two pictures and they are in the gallery. My first post here. I thought the pics might stay with the thread but they are there to see if interested.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:32 PM

Ah, there are 63 pages of photos in that gallery? Can you give me a hint what page your pics are on?

Thanks...................

Old 07-07-2022, 06:20 AM
Default Picture location

At Gallery click on recent. My car is red and has the hood open. There are two photos. Before with mouse nest and after with mesh installed. Hopefully this helps.

Old 07-07-2022, 11:03 AM

Well, thanks to you I was able to eliminate part of my mouse problem. There was a nest in mine also but on the other side behind the wiper motor.

This still doesn’t explain how they got into the inside of my car as they would have had to go through the cabin air filter to do that but there were no holes in it? That and there was no toilet paper anywhere in the cowl so I wonder where that went?

Ennywho, I took a few pics so you can see what mine looked like before and after.

Oh, and thanks for you reply and you’re right that this part was pretty easy to do.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:41 PM

Well, thanks to you I was able to eliminate part of my mouse problem. There was a nest in mine also but on the other side behind the wiper motor.

This still doesn’t explain how they got into the inside of my car as they would have had to go through the cabin air filter to do that but there were no holes in it? That and there was no toilet paper anywhere in the cowl so I wonder where that went?

Ennywho, I took a few pics so you can see what mine looked like before and after.

Oh, and thanks for you reply and you’re right that this part was pretty easy to do.
Very nice job you did there! Before I added the wire mesh I had a huge mouse nest on top of my cabin air filter. It was hard to remove. I left the filter out for a little while till I got a new one and a mouse nibbled through the rubber flap on the cabin filter louvered cover. I drove my usual one hour ride to work with it in the car. When I got out I left all the windows down and tried to coax it out. Never came out and it stunk like hell for over a month or longer... 233,337 miles and still going.