Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Car Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Default Car Trouble

I Have a 96' Accent. It has approx. 90,000 miles. It is a 5-speed SOHC. It drives fine and there is no "CHECK ENGINE" light on, but when I go to smog it, it fails the OBD 2 test. The technician tells me that the car hasn't done the "Drive Cycle" and I have to drive it for 100 miles. Doing so only led me yet to another failed test. Has anyone had this problem or if anyone has any information...please dont hesitate to share....Thanks....-LaTeS-

Old 06-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Default RE: Car Trouble

disconnet the battery for 15+ minutes-hook it back up and see if the light comes back if it stays off-drive it-if not I would guess it's a sensor someplace-have a full diagnostics test run on it to be sure.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Administrator

if you go to a place like autozone, they will ususally scan the codes for free.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:32 PM

What you have is a vehicle failing the readiness tests. Now first you have to find out why. This will take a technician.He will extract whatever codes are in the pcm or tcm. If there aren't any codes than he will have to look in obd readiness test, find out what has not passed and test that system. After he diagnosis and fixes the correct system he will have to make sure all codes are clear. He will then drive the vehicle about 7 miles.He will then turn the key off for about a minute or so. He will then drive about another 7 miles and then connect the scan tool to the vehicle. When he goes under the readiness test it will say either vehicle has completed all readiness tests or vehicle has not.If it has not then you start all over from scratch until the vehicle completes all readiness tests. That is about how simple it is. Disconnecting your battery will clear codes but will not fix the vehicle.Autozone can pull obd2 generic codes but they cannot fix the vehicle. It will take someone with knowledge of the system to fix the vehicle.