Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Clutch Slips when Hot!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Exclamation Clutch Slips when Hot!!!

hello,

i'm new to the forum... i have a 2000 hyundai accent 1.3 hatchback. About 3/4 months ago, the clutch began to slip intermittently. A mechanic suggested that the clutch was on its way out and that i should replace it, So i got him to put in a new clutch kit.

this appeared to fix the problem until 2 weeks later when the problem arose again. I noticed that it only slipped when the engine was hot from me sitting in traffic for a while.

one forum suggested that i had too much fluid in my reservoir and when i checked, it was way above the Max, filled right to the brim... so i took some out using a syringe. this didn't fix the problem. then i opened the bleeding nut, and some fluid came out, and i could see the clutch relax as the fluid was leaked out.

this fixed the problem for about a month, when i had to once again repeat the leaking of fluid through the bleed nut cause the car wouldn't move at all.

i though that there may have been air in the system, so i bled it completely, replaced the fluid but i'm still having the same problem. about 1 third of the system had air in it when it was bled. there should be none in it now.

can anyone suggest a reason as to why this is happening? no mechanic i've asked has ever come across the problem and can't suggest a way to fix it...

thank you,

andrew

Old 03-08-2011, 04:47 AM

---
i found the problem for the slipping clutch...

i decided take the entire hydraulic system apart to see if there were any blockages in it.... when i dismantled the master cylinder, the insides all popped out and i discovered that after 10 year of wear and tear, the mechanism has broke and jammed the valve to the reservoir closed.

to fix the problem, i used a small washed to repair the internal workings of the cylinder and it works fine, through the washer has changed the position of the clutch pedal when disengaging....

so i've ordered a new master cylinder to replace the problem cylinder!!!

so happy that it is sorted now...