Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Default Cruise Control

The one thing i miss most in my 2002 accent is that it does dot have cruise (speed) control.
I bought it with 25000 km on it and now have 53000.
Dealer says they can't put one on if it wasn't installed from the factory.

Canadian Tire store here in Canada has them for $99.00 and they say it is compatable with my car. But nobody . . believe me nobody wants to install it for any price including Canadian Tire. So I don't want to take a chance on installing it myself because there are no returns on electrical accessories once the packaged is opened .

Then I phoned a couple service shops that specialize in that sort of thing. Closest one is 7 hour drive each way and they want $450.oo to install one . . parts and labour.

There must be a better alternative than either of the above.

Any suggestions ?
W.Y.

Old 01-07-2006, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Cruise Control

is it really all that necessary. On the bright side if you get it installed 7 hours away, you'll have it for the long ride back

Old 01-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Default RE: Cruise Control

It is kinda necessary when you have been used to one for years on previous cars. Cruise control has saved me from getting a speeding ticket many , many times.
Without cruise control set at the speed limit . sometimes a driver gets talking to a passenger and the speed can easilly go up to 20 kph over the limit in no time.
I also beleive that cruise controls save considerably on the amount of gas used especially on long trips.
And with the cruise set at the speed limit of the particular highway you are on it allows more freedom to be able to glancing around at the scenery and other things instead of continually watching the oddometer.
On long trips it also gives right foot freedom by not having to keep the right foot on the gas pedal continuously. I drove across Canada from BC to Ontario last year and I felt like I was getting a case of right-foot-itis

Oh . . did I mention that I like cruise control on a car ?
W.Y.