Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

GDI injectors keeps failing one after another!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 01:14 PM
Default GDI injectors keeps failing one after another!!

Hi sorry for the long post in advance. So I have 2019 accent with 26k mile on it
2 weeks earlier the car started showing white smoke from the exhaust with bad and strong fuel smell and the car lost power, after scanning it with obd scanner it showed the following:
  • low fuel pressure in fuel rail
  • cylinder 3 misfire
The diagnose was that the fuel injector #3 was stuck open so i replaced it and the car run like a clock
back to the present
Yesterday the car started smoking and all the symptoms showed up again so after getting home and scanning it, it showed low fuel pressure in rail and cylinder #2 misfire so my question is it possible that the fuel injectors is failing one after another with 20k mile on it? Or is there something else that’s causing the injectors to fail? I’m puzzled please help

Old 05-16-2022, 06:28 AM

Not trying to make excuses, but sometimes we get a bad run of parts. Of course we learn this the hard way.

Also ,there could be a problem with the fuel and filter. The filter is supposed to prevent foreign "stuff" from getting into the engine. If the maintenance is ignored ,things like this can happen..To attempt to diagnose this over the net is not the way to handle the problem. This will require some detective work to isolate and find the cause and it could always be coincidence.
Wish I could provide a more definite answer, but some definite checking will be required to pin this down.

Old 05-16-2022, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Not trying to make excuses, but sometimes we get a bad run of parts. Of course we learn this the hard way.

Also ,there could be a problem with the fuel and filter. The filter is supposed to prevent foreign "stuff" from getting into the engine. If the maintenance is ignored ,things like this can happen..To attempt to diagnose this over the net is not the way to handle the problem. This will require some detective work to isolate and find the cause and it could always be coincidence.
Wish I could provide a more definite answer, but some definite checking will be required to pin this down.
i’m just surprised that 2 factory injectors gone bad in the same month (with consideration that the car had only 26k mile on it)

Old 05-16-2022, 03:07 PM

Even the most expensive vehicles have service departments. That alone tells us a lot !

Old 05-18-2022, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Omar Wahbi
i’m just surprised that 2 factory injectors gone bad in the same month (with consideration that the car had only 26k mile on it)
Hyundai Accent fuel injectors have had problems for decades. Our 2008(bought in latter 2007) had multiple injector repairs. But it is still going after 170,000+ miles.

Old 05-18-2022, 05:13 PM

Mechanics old joke, can't say old mechanics joke, anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sometimes we get a Monday or Friday built vehicle and they seem to have more problems than most.

Old 05-18-2022, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Sometimes we get a Monday or Friday built vehicle and they seem to have more problems than most.
Can’t use that excuse. Our Accent has been good. The Accent injectors suck.