Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Hyundai accent 2010 loud noise and smoke

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 11:02 AM
Default Hyundai accent 2010 loud noise and smoke

Hey everyone, while driving my car today there was a puff of smoke from under the hood. The engine is making a much louder noise while driving, and i could also hear other noises from the front of the car. I replaced my serpentine belts a few weeks ago, which would be the only thing on the car thats different.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:19 AM

If you were able to replace the belt, I would think you should be able to do a visual inspection and see just what changed.

If you changed the belt out of the goodness of your heart, then we need to start at the beginning. If, however, you changed it for a reason other than goodness, that should help guide you to a more specific area. What was the reason you decided to change the belt?

Things that could cause a belt to burn and break,
seized bearing on A/C clutch assy, power strg system anything the belt goes over and rotates is suspect at this time without actually looking at it.
Check the tensioner brg.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
If you were able to replace the belt, I would think you should be able to do a visual inspection and see just what changed.

If you changed the belt out of the goodness of your heart, then we need to start at the beginning. If, however, you changed it for a reason other than goodness, that should help guide you to a more specific area. What was the reason you decided to change the belt?

Things that could cause a belt to burn and break,
seized bearing on A/C clutch assy, power strg system anything the belt goes over and rotates is suspect at this time without actually looking at it.
Check the tensioner brg.
I changed the belts due to the fact that they were squealing in the morning of winter months. I just went out to look at the belt and tensioner and everything looked fine.
I took a video of the noise

Old 12-16-2021, 08:03 AM

The ONLY WAY to check the tensioner is to remove the belt, rotate the pulley and listen AND feel for any toughness.

I hope you did this when you say you looked at it an it is fine , Yes/ NO ????