Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

troubleshooting a blower not working

Old 10-03-2015, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Manierjason View Post
I found out today that the plug and harness are faulty I have had my fan blower go out here and there and I went to see what I had to do.to fix it. The blower wouldnt blow so with the.key on and the fan speed set at for 4 I reached to check the connection and when I touched it the fan came on let go went off so I felt when I.wiggled it u could feel the plug.get.warm so I think hyundai should concern this issue I read about this all the time. As me being a tech for 13 yrs I always check the obvious before tearing it apart. Hipe this helps
When the connector doesn't make proper connection, it can cause the point of contact to heat up.
Bad connections sometimes happens when the tech spreads the pins on the connector during troubleshooting
Or it can happen during manufacturing.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:36 AM

The problem is its not just my vehicle its a issue around the world. You put in 2008 hyundai accent blower motor not working in to google and you will get more than 10,000 threads on the matter. So I think it should be addressed to the owners of the affected years as a inspection on the issue

Old 10-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Default AC/Fan blower

I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. Every now and then, not ALL the time. When I get in the car and crank it the fan does not turn on. I can hear my AC compressor kick on but the fan will not blow anything. I can hit a bump sometimes and it just starts blowing. I was told by a few people I might have a short. I don't know where to start looking first. Does anyone have any ideas. I live in Florida and no AC is not an option for me.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by baileygirl0513 View Post
I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. Every now and then, not ALL the time. When I get in the car and crank it the fan does not turn on. I can hear my AC compressor kick on but the fan will not blow anything. I can hit a bump sometimes and it just starts blowing. I was told by a few people I might have a short. I don't know where to start looking first. Does anyone have any ideas. I live in Florida and no AC is not an option for me.
Not certain about Santa Fe's
but most vehicles have the blower on the passenger side, under the dash.
Sometimes it can be accessed by looking under the dash
Or, it is hidden behind the glove box
Could be a short ... however, experience tells me that the blower motor may have the issue
Worn or burn electrical brushes can cause the motor to not work
Then a bump or hit on the motor can start it up again.
This also happens with fuel pumps sometimes. The engine cranks but won't start.
Bang on the fuel pump while cranking and the pump starts working and the engine starts
The same could be happening with the blower motor.

The blower motor can be taken out and test and/ or repaired
Or you could replace blower motor.

Good luck.
Remember to test before replacing parts