Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

Engine surge

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Default Engine surge

[align=left]I have a 2006 Limited purchased in Oct. '06. I currently have a little over 6000 miles on the odometer. In general I love the car, but have experienced one problem. When weather is cold (the colder the more noticible the problem) and the engine is cold, I frequently experience surging acceleration when starting from a standstill. Even with very light accelerator pressure engine will surge, transmission will shift roughly, engine will surge again, another rough shift, until top gear is reached. Once engine warms up a bit problem goes away. Dealer was unable to get it to do it (night they kept it it didn't get very cold), and they found no error codes. Said when they checked that computer was programed to latest specs. Since I got it back, weather has been pretty warm (I'm in SC) so have not noticed it much. Has anyone else experienced a simular problem??
[/align]

Old 03-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Default RE: Engine surge

where do you live? if it's really cold the trans fluid will not respond very well. it will be much thicker then norm so trans will feels like it's doesent have fluid going through it. so it can be considered as normal. good luck

Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Default RE: Engine surge

I live in north central (Piedmont) SC, just south of Charlotte, NC. Really cold weather here is mid to low 20s, which I wouldn't think would be cold enough to cause transmission fluid thickening. Particularly on a car that is garaged as mine is. I would be more inclined to think that is a reaction to exterior air temp. to the engine computer, but if so it didn't leave any error codes behind. As we are now having spring weather it's no longer a problem. May have top wait until next winter to see if problem returns. So far no reports of anyone else experiencing the problem.
Thanks for the response. Matthew