Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

'07 AirIntake Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Default '07 AirIntake Questions

Hey,

Just bought a 07 elantra limited.. i want to add a air intake.. but will it void the warrenty??? also by adding a air intake do i have to tweak the computer to get any benifits??

thanks

Old 03-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: '07 AirIntake Questions

Do you want to do it just for looks? Because performance-wise, the new Elantra already has what is essentially a cold air intake built in. In fact, it's better than most CAIs in that it gets ram air from the grill as opposed to low pressure air from the fender area.

Also, if you do decide to change out your intake, I don't think there is anything that will make the car throw Check Engine Light codes as long as you leave your Mass Airflow Sensor intact (it is between the air box and the intake manifold). If you go with an oiled filter, be very particular about how much oil you use: Too much will gum up the MAF, not enough will allow too much dust to get through and destroy the MAF.

Putting a different intake on won't void your warranty automatically, but if you get one of those MAF issues due to the intake, that would not be a warranted repair because it was caused by the mod you did. The law basically states that you can do mods and they don't void your warranty, as long as the mods meet OEM specs. A filter that allows too much dust through, or allows oil to be sucked into the MAF, is *not* meeting OEM specs. So any failures caused by your mods would not be covered. (But a new intake would not void your warranty for, say, an unrelated transmission failure).