Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2006, Has a weird wiring problem causing no start, send help lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 09:43 PM
Default 2006, Has a weird wiring problem causing no start, send help lol

2006 Elantra, Problem started with the passenger window not working after many attempts. My final attempt was a big “oh s***” moment, I tried jumping a wire on the window relay and caused a no start problem with a side of constant hazard lights on even when keys out and when key is on the wipers run constantly.
I did find out that if I take the “security relay” out from behind the interior fuse block the hazards go off and the button works correctly. If I take the wiper relay out the wipers will work normally except for it not returning to the “home” position. But the vehicle still wouldn’t start

the Starter relay clicks when I try turning it over. If I turn the key on and jump the pins where the relay belongs it will start and run fine.

Old 06-01-2022, 05:46 PM

I suspect in the process of jumping connections you may have lost a good ground connection. The problem now is to find it., so we check all ground wires you can see and find.
Not sure if a front electronic control module is involved, but until we start checking connections and verifying they are good, anything can be the problem . The wipers when they have lost their ground can behave as you describe..
A little FYI,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NEVER apply power to a circuit to "see" if it is functioning because we don't know what else is on that circuit and can get one into deeper trouble..
Just better to use a test light or multimeter.
If a module is involved . this could get expensive to correct.

It is not unusual to start with one problem and wind up with a few.