Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2108 Air flow everywhere but defroster

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2023, 10:16 AM
Default 2108 Air flow everywhere but defroster

Last summer, when using the AC, I did hear some fluttering noises coming from the dashboard, behind the vents near the radio. It sounded like the doors/gates there had leaves stuck in them when I was switching between sending air from the top (windshield/defroster vent) to the center vents in the dash. That was my first clue something was happening. I noticed sound go away when I directed air flow only to the feet.

So just recently I found the defroster on my SEL isn't putting out air. I get heat everywhere else (lower and dash). I've replaced the actuator but the problem is still there.

If the problem is mechanical then my sense is one of the gates/doors in the ducting isn't working properly, which is my hunch because the air coming out the dash on the drivers side is hotter than the air coming out of the passengers side (both at face level and the lower, foot/leg level).

Any input or feedback is much appreciated!

If the problem is electrical, I'm not aware of other elec. components than the control panel. But the control panel seems to want to work, and the variation in sound when I change air flow direction wants to try to move through the defroster vent. I do get some low air flow through the defroster vent, but it's not putting out a strong air flow when the blower motor is on high.

Old 11-19-2023, 07:54 AM

For starters,,,,,,,,,,,,,you would need to remove the blower motor and look inside the passages for any "stuff" that is jammed in the controlling doors.

The fact that you heard the sounds of leaves,is a good clue as to what may be involved.

In most cases, the blower motor is very easy to remove , only maybe 3 little screws. If you can try that, it may answer a lot of your concern.

Last edited by hanky; 11-19-2023 at 12:22 PM.