Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

A/C: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... Sometimes it just turns on...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 04:03 PM
Question A/C: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... Sometimes it just turns on...

I'm really puzzled by this problem. Sometimes my A/C works fine. Other times, I turn it on and it does not work. There is no air getting pushed out through the vents. If I am driving on the highway, sometimes I can feel a little cold air coming into the car. But then... the A/C will just turn on. There have been other times when I am not using the A/C. It is actually off, but I will hear it click and it comes on for a few seconds, and then clicks and turns off. It is a 2009 Hyundai Elantra. Any thoughts on what the problem could be and cost? I just want to provide some direction to the mechanic - and I dread taking it to the dealer because they are going to be a lot more expensive.