Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Elantra 2013 cruise control not engaging

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 10:52 PM
Default Elantra 2013 cruise control not engaging

Hi friends,
I am happy to be a member of this forum as lots of experienced hyundai users are here in this forum.

I am having a problem with my cruise control perviously there was a issue with my airbag light on and the service center told me my clock spring is malfunctioning and he suggested me to change the clock spring to resolve the airbag symbol issue and he told its related with cruise control.

I changed my clock spring but still cruise control is not engaging and when they checked by their software it shows no error now suggest me what can be the problem as they are unable to solve it...

Old 12-16-2015, 11:12 PM

Well, if there was no cruise control problem before changing the clock spring
Then if may be a bad clock spring that they put in or they did something wrong to mess up the cruise control
If it is still under warranty then have them fix it right (on their dime)

Old 12-17-2015, 12:02 AM

The problem was also before changing the clock spring and now still the same error. No resolution

Old 12-17-2015, 08:27 AM

Assuming that they put in a good clock spring and the controls on the wheel are good,
that means the cruise control unit or the wiring has the problem.

Does the cruise control light on the dash come on when you turn it on?

Old 12-17-2015, 09:54 PM

Yes the light on the dashboard turns on when I press cruise but it not blinks when I set it on any speed and not engages...
Yesterday they replaced the steering column with steering wheel but still same problem

Old 12-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Do your brake lights work? I ask because there is a recall on Hyundai brake light switches (on the brake pedal) and if the switch is bad, the cruise control will not work because the cruise uses the signal from the switch to know to disengage cruise if you press the brake. So a bad signal from the switch will prevent the cruise control from setting.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:44 AM

Yes the break lights are working well. They told me to leave the car for a week in their service center so they can check the wiring points after downloading the circuit diagram and service manual

Old 02-08-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Atik Barni
Hi friends,
I am happy to be a member of this forum as lots of experienced hyundai users are here in this forum.

I am having a problem with my cruise control perviously there was a issue with my airbag light on and the service center told me my clock spring is malfunctioning and he suggested me to change the clock spring to resolve the airbag symbol issue and he told its related with cruise control.

I changed my clock spring but still cruise control is not engaging and when they checked by their software it shows no error now suggest me what can be the problem as they are unable to solve it...
Believe it or not . When I pound on my horn a couple times. The cruise control does work, but only the cancel button doesn't work. What's the prolem?

Old 02-09-2020, 06:18 AM

Will it cancel when you apply the brakes ?

Old 02-09-2020, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Will it cancel when you apply the brakes ?
Yes it does