Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

EPS LIGHT came on AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 03:46 PM
Default EPS LIGHT came on AGAIN

The EPS light on my 2010 Hyundai Elantra came on after an extremely heavy snow storm in December. I took it to a Hyundai dealer for that and to replace the timing belt, drive belts and such. They told me the plats under the oil pan and transaxle were nearly rust through and needed replaced. I said OK. They call me a few hours later and tell me they didn't find anything wrong with the Electric Power Steering and my alternator voltage was low and could cause it to trigger. I hadn't had any electrical problems. There were no faults on the computer. I checked before I took it to them. But they said I needed a new alternator. They charged me $500.00 plus all of the other work and charged me $100 for putting five quarts of ATF in the transaxle and another $10 bucks because they filled out their form.

Last week. We had a heavy rain. I drove through a puddle and that EPS light came on again. They hadn't fixed the problem at all. SO, NOW WHAT? Where do I find a competent Hyundai mechanic that won't try to rip me off?

Old 03-01-2023, 07:40 AM

You paid a lot of $$$ to have the problem corrected and the repair was not the cause.
You should take it back and have them find what is the problem and either repair it correctly or explain why they did all the unnecessary work.

Dealerships are expected to have trained people to find and correct problems with their vehicles.
If the Service manager can't provide you with a satisfactory answer, go directly to the dealership manager/owner.

Last edited by hanky; 03-01-2023 at 07:44 AM.