Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Hyundai not honoring warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Default Hyundai not honoring warranty

I bought a brand new 2005 hyundai elantra from thomas of calumet cityIllinois it has since changed to napleton hyundai. I notice the top of my steering wheel was cracking and my 5 year warranty was going to be up soon so i take it in. The service manger tells me its covered and the part will be ordered. When I get home there is a message saying they have a problem . I go back to the dealer and they tell me my car was used when i bought it. We go back and forth and i bring the finance papers and title showing the car was bought new, he tells me that it will be looked into and resolved. I call hyundai customer service the same day explaining the problem. They ask me to fax the finance papers and title. Yesterday when I call hyundai to get an update they tell me there is nothing they can do my warranty was up . I try to explain that I have the work order from two weeks ago when the warranty was still active . This was after they assured me not to worry about the warranty expiring. Also my 10 year 100,000 mile warranty might not be honored either. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:42 PM

Do you have receipt from the visit where you took car in for service that has a job on the ticket with "Customer states chunk missing off steering wheel" ???

On that invoice should be the date of write up, the mileage in, and notes the steering was ordered and reschedule for when part arrives..

Was your visit within the 5yr/60,000 mile time frame from actual first use date as found on WEBDCS WARRATY INFORMATION screen ?

If answer is yes, then you get a steering wheel... you show up with 59,995 and that is mileage on ticket, they order part and it (steering wheel) show up next week, and you arrive next week with 60,400 mile (beyond warranty)... they is still obligated to finish the repair as posted on previous ticket because they had to order the part that was not in stock at their location..

It dont matter how many time car been sold, it be 5yr/60,000 to any owner from original first use date.

Only the original owner gets the 10yr/100,000 mile powertrain.

Find receipt, tell me date of service, mileage, VIN, and in the job line: what does it say for customer concern, the cause, and repair.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:34 PM

The car was sold new to me in 2005 . I have had warranty work done before on this car without any issues but since the dealership has changed owners they are telling me car has been sold once when my title was issued new and my finance paper states a new car and my car had only 48 miles when it was bought. I will get all the information for you tomorrow . The car mileage is under 60,000 and my warranty was gonna expire in about 2 weeks. The warranty expired yesterday even though I was assured this would not be a problem because it was brought in before it expired . I do have copy of work order at my house . The reason I picked this car was for the powertrain warranty . You can't advertise a car as new and then 5 years down the road they say you bought a used car for a new car price .

Old 10-29-2010, 05:40 AM

Send me your VIN via message here .

please answer the questions in previous post with spefic answer so I can see who is right or wrong.

Last edited by sbr711; 10-29-2010 at 05:43 AM.