Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

need help on turbo decisions

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Default need help on turbo decisions

hey i got an 07 elantra and i was wonderin if any of u guys out there have a turbo kit on yours or know of one ........ second i need suggestions on my choices on my engine prep for the turbo to my understanding the elantra's 2.0 has a 11:1 compression ratio... now my issue is should i get a turbo gasket which drops the c/r to like an 8.5:1?? which i would think would only be able to take a maximum of 10 psi boost... not much power there i think .... or should i get some low compression pistons with connecting rods which would take the c/r down to like 7:1 which takes a higher psi of boost... but any way the question is should i just change the gasket or go for the pistons??????????????????????????????????????????? ??

Old 04-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Default damn

Originally Posted by kingofkingsvi
hey i got an 07 elantra and i was wonderin if any of u guys out there have a turbo kit on yours or know of one ........ second i need suggestions on my choices on my engine prep for the turbo to my understanding the elantra's 2.0 has a 11:1 compression ratio... now my issue is should i get a turbo gasket which drops the c/r to like an 8.5:1?? which i would think would only be able to take a maximum of 10 psi boost... not much power there i think .... or should i get some low compression pistons with connecting rods which would take the c/r down to like 7:1 which takes a higher psi of boost... but any way the question is should i just change the gasket or go for the pistons??????????????????????????????????????????? ??
damn you guys i was under the influence that this furom was to help follow hyundai owners
so much readers and not one comment wow i guess i would have gotten more help by asking a wall in my house for suggestions lol lmao ....