Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

OEM Alloy wheels: best place to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Default OEM Alloy wheels: best place to buy?

Hello all,

Just bought a 2004 Elantra on Saturday. So far, I love the car! There are two things that I'm planning on changing in the near future: the absolutely horrible-sounding factory cassette radio, and the steel rims w/hubcaps. Being a used car, I couldn't be picky! The stereo is easy. My question is who knows of a good place to pick up 4 alloy wheels for a good price? I've looked on eBay and online junk-yard websites; the cheapest I've been able to find are around $80 a piece. Anyone know of anything cheaper than that? I'd like to get the original 2001-05 Hyundai Elantra OEM alloys, but if someone has a recommendation for aftermarkets that look good without being flashy, that would work as well.

Thanks!

Old 06-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: OEM Alloy wheels: best place to buy?

$80/ea on eBay sound like a good price to me. I doubt you'll find a much better price.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: OEM Alloy wheels: best place to buy?

But you never know. I heard of someone who got his Tiburon alloy rims for $200. (Of course he told me this after he sold his GT alloys to me for $500! But that included good tires.)

I know just what you mean, ErockSteady. I bought a GLS new (because I didn't want leather seats) and I've been adding the GT touches I like including fog lights, the GT alloys and the leather-clad GT steering wheel. For more about what I've done with my Elantra, click here: https://www.hyundaiforum.com/m_8129/tm.htm

The best thing I can say is keep your eyes open on the forums and stuff. Where are you geographically? I might be able to hook you up with someone who has decent rims. If you want, email me through my profile for more info.