Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Passenger seat weight limit for seat belt warning

Old 06-05-2019, 03:00 PM
Default Passenger seat weight limit for seat belt warning

Does anybody know (or have this issue) what the weight limit is for the passenger seat before the fasten seat belt beeper goes off?

I have a 2019 Elantra SEL and have had it for about 2 months.

at random times, WHILE I'M DRIVING, the fasten seat belt alarm will start chiming when there's nobody in the passenger seat. I may, however, have random items on the seat such as my Kindle, Water bottle, jacket, and gym bag.

today, all I had on the seat was my phone and my Kindle and the alarm went off.

My bigger issue is that the alarm will go off minutes after I've already been driving. the only way to shut it off is to either clip in the seat belt or stop, turn off the engine, then start again. is this a sensor calibration issue or something?

Michael