Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Upgrade sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Default Upgrade sound

yea i wanna upgrade my sound of my hyundai elantra 2002... do u guys kw what i should do or any suggestions.. and wut are tweeters?? also i need some upgrades that are in low coat and that i can install them my self.. thank you

Old 02-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Default RE: Upgrade sound

I suggest you contact Crutchfields at http://www.crutchfield.com/. If you provide them with the year, make and model of your car, they can tell you every frick'n stereo and speaker combination that will fit in your car with little or no modification to the car itself. They are not the cheapest source, but they will provide installation instructions unique to your car and an adapter harness that will permit you to wire the new stereo into your car without having to cut up the original radio harness. Tweeters? Small speakers that provide better response to the upper frequencies. The "highs" are usually lost when a massive bass unit is added to a system. Tweeters and an amplifier are added to bring more of the full audio spectrum back to the sound of the stereo. I've purchased several upgrades from them in the past 20 years and they've always worked out as promised.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Upgrade sound

The best way to improve your sound (assuming your speakers sound reasonably clear) is to replace the stereo unit in the dash. For $100-200 you can get radically improved sound, even with the stock speakers. Here is a guide to changing out the head unit:

http://www.carspace.com/guides/2001-...ra-Audio-Guide

Tweeters are small speakers that "specialize" in high frequency sounds (such as cymbals). Some Elantras came with factory tweeters mounted in the door panels toward the front.