Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

wont go fast now wont start

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Default wont go fast now wont start

hey can anyone halp me out i have an 2007 enaltra gls one early morning my car was jerking forward while driving i got to work after work the car wont go over 3000 rpm an as i got home the engine light came on now the thing turns over but it wont start. i did a quick check today and it looks like the jets aint firing so i pulled one off n the pump is working but the psi is still unknown it also looks like their is no spark in the plugs ...... hhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppp p me please oh if it matter its a stick 5 speed

Old 11-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Default RE: wont go fast now wont start

well sounds like you got your answer lol..

No spark and no fuel = no go..

Id check some fuses just to make sure but i doubt it becasue your troubles were progresive. Could be bad coil, but again doubt it with a newer car... I would try and get the codes checked, and then post what ya find.

You could also make sure that none of your grounds have came loose... that could potentialy cause issues like yours..

Old 11-24-2008, 09:57 PM

No spark and no fuel, together, usually indicates a bad crankshaft rotation sensor, but I agree that such a sensor failure on a relatively new car should be rare. But rare doesn't mean it absolutely cannot happen. Have the car hooked up to a scanner to download the error codes. Diagnosis proceeds from there.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:01 PM

lol this car is a lil loony why do it have an obd 2 port under the dash and an diagnostics port under the hood n which one do i look to get the code from ? the 2 ports are different

i am thinking its one of those pesky sensors i had an issue wid an cavalier not giving spark n fuel i changed a sensor and it worked but i dont remember which sensor it was LOL LOL LOL

Old 12-02-2008, 03:54 PM

well its me again i got an obd 2 scanner scanned the car and it say no cade i guess thats what i get for letting the battery go dead but i have an idea its one of three sensors.
and the culprit could be the crank sensor , the cramshaft sensor , knock sensor so i will change them one by one to try and solve the problem and hope the would solve it