Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Another new ET owner!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:46 AM
Default Another new ET owner!

Hi Everyone:

I just bought myself a new 2010 ET GLS A/T this week -- I lucked out and they had the colour and trim I wanted in stock, so I got to drive it home the same day I bought it. It's replacing my old 1997 Chevy Lumina LS, and after a twinge of sadness at trading in my trusty old Lumina (my first car!), I'm falling in love.

I'm curious to hear if anybody has been able to get hold of the iPod cable for the stereo with the USB mini-B plug anywhere. The dealership I bought from only has the USB type A cable in stock, and haven't been able to get hold of a single mini B cable fro Hyundai Canada, and at this point don't expect to get any until sometime this summer!

I've heard that the USB type A iPod cable has some form of control electronics in the cable; has anybody successfully used a type A to mini B adaptor with a standard iPod USB cable for charging and control? It's certainly not critical to the overall enjoyment of the vehicle, but I don't mind rolling my own temporarily until the proper cable is available (currently I'm using the AUX input, but as it's now illegal in BC to use handheld devices while driving, I can't control anything other than the volume).

Anyhow, I've been going back and reading everything on these forums that I can; thanks to everyone for all the great info and discussions! I'm glad to have found an active online community where I can learn more about my new ride .

Yaz.