Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Ipod Stereo Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Banned
Default Ipod Stereo Problems

I have one other issue with my car that is frustrating and want to know if others share the same experience when using an iPod.

I connect my iPod and it plays, however sometimes when I turn off the car and come back, it reverts to the preset sound levels to zero (bass, treble, mids) and won't play the ipod. I have to unplug the ipod and reconnect it. Then go back and reset the levels. Very frustrating.

Oddly, I noticed that the presets for for each input source (stereo, cd, and iPod) are separate from each other. Most stereos have one set of preset sound levels, not one for each input source.

My iPod was stolen a few months back along with the Hyundai ipod cable. I replaced both, but still have the same experience. I also took the stereo in when I first bought the car b/c I was getting a lot of popping when I played a cd. Sounded like loud pops on a record. They replaced the head unit and this problem was resolved... but not the other problem with the presets and not reading the iPod.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Old 08-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Banned

I should also mention that I noticed that the iPod catalog often starts at the beginning (letter A) instead of the artist I am currently playing. It happens about 80% of the time, but sometimes it goes directly to the artist I am currently playing (just like it does when the iPod is not attached to the ET stereo).