Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

rear bumper protective sheet

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Default rear bumper protective sheet

Just put on a rear bumper protective sheet. It was made for a Reno. Doesn't cover the entire top of rear bumper but covers the center area nicely. Was easy to apply. Of course, it has a S in the center but I don't care. I'll just tell people it stands for Sport model. I have 3 dogs that jump in and out and I wanted to protect that area from their claws. Someone might find one that fits better.

The reason I went with the Suzuki Reno protection sheet was because I once owned a Suzuki Aerio SX4. I bought the sheet specifically made for that car,put it on, and when I got rid of the car after 4 years there was no apparent wear on the sheet. The Reno seems to be made of the same material.

Last edited by gunwaleman; 06-20-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:22 PM

Link?

Old 06-20-2009, 02:30 AM

I got mine at dealerfit.com. Tried typing in link but it didn't work but there is major storming in the area right now. Just go to suzuki on the right of the the site and then click on Reno.

Last edited by gunwaleman; 06-20-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:11 PM

Could you take a pic of it and show us how it looks and fits??

Old 01-16-2010, 08:46 PM

I'm in the same boat as you with the dogs going in and out. I have this: http://kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=191&ai_id=2742 It's cheap, but it's basically a vinyl decal. Works great, very low profile, and will be easy to replace. That's all I've been able to find made specifically for the Touring/i30cw.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by zielritter
I'm in the same boat as you with the dogs going in and out. I have this: http://kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=191&ai_id=2742 It's cheap, but it's basically a vinyl decal. Works great, very low profile, and will be easy to replace. That's all I've been able to find made specifically for the Touring/i30cw.
That actually looks nice. How long have you had it?

No dogs for me but I usually step on my bumper to adjust the kayak straps.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:04 AM

The item is for the i30, which has a different hatch and rear than the Touring.
So, you put it on your Touring? How does it fit and look? I would like to see a picture.
Thanks

Old 01-17-2010, 09:48 AM

The reason I am asking the above questions is I contacted the i30 dealer and asked them :

> Will part #KI30BP1 (which is the bumper guard stick on) fit my Hyundai Elantra Touring??

Here is the reply:
Thanks for your inquiry. No rear end items in our i30/Elantra touring will
fit the Elantra touring. The rear bumper/lights/roof line is the only
thing which separates the i30 and Elantra Touring.

--
Best Regards,

Steve
AutoXclusive.com
KoreanAutoImports.com
SherwoodAutomotive.com
CustomSorento.com
ExoticEmblems.com
SaturnStyling.com
Tel: 1-866-767-3686
Fax: 623-398-0740

>Now,I am sure it will go on my bumper and not be a true fit, but I would like to see what it looks like.
And The Suzuki one with the S may also look fine.
Thanks again

Old 01-17-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by DrDemento
The item is for the i30, which has a different hatch and rear than the Touring.
So, you put it on your Touring? How does it fit and look? I would like to see a picture.
Thanks
It's not for the i30, it's for the i30cw which is the same thing as the Touring in markets abroad. Yes, it's fits perfectly and is barely noticeable (I have a black car). I'll post pics sometime today if it stops raining.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by williama
That actually looks nice. How long have you had it?

No dogs for me but I usually step on my bumper to adjust the kayak straps.
I got/installed it during this past Christmas. All you do is spray the adhesive side with a water/soap mixture, clean your bumper well, align it on the bumper, and then use a hair dryer to quickly cure the adhesive. Like I said, it's basically like a thicker piece of vinyl. I wouldn't exactly call it "heavy duty", but it does protect my bumper very well from my dog's claws (one is a 75 pound shepherd mix) when they jump in. If you dropped a sharp implement on it, I don't know if I would trust it not to tear though.

Quick Reply: rear bumper protective sheet