Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

roof cross bars -- availability

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:08 PM

Picked them up and put them on. Great design. Took about 20 minutes. The instructions say not to exceed vehicle roof load limit of 176 lbs/8o kg. Will try and post quick reference guide. The only conflicting info seemed to be bar placement instructions.

Last edited by ETse5spd; 04-15-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:29 PM

link to quick reference guide:

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/...ndairails1.jpg

Last edited by ETse5spd; 04-15-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:01 PM

Now to wrap this up in a technical bow, will post a photo of cross rails. Once you get them on and see how easy it will be to remove them, I'd be tempted to use them only when needed and reduce the drag a little.

Photos:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...rossRails3.jpg
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...rossRails2.jpg

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

We were quite disappointed (and annoyed) with the dealer's unwillingness to acknowledge any responsibility for our inconvenience, delays, additional expense, and mental anguish for having to battle them with facts -- that they should have been aware of -- to get what we originally wanted and expected.....................And we're not even going to name them!

Last edited by ETse5spd; 04-16-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Former Site Vendor
Thumbs up

Hi ETse5spd, I read your post...

The cross-rails for the 2010 and 2011 Touring (all models, either year, is the same part), became available about 6-7 months ago as a genuine Hyundai (OEM) accessory. They are black, mount easily over the side rails. And you can inform your dealer that they can get them here... (and for 10% discount, use promotional code CODEHF... if your order is over $150, you get free shipping, so maybe look around and throw in a few other items you might like for yourself or your new Hyundai!

Hope this helps. Good Luck, and congrats on your new ride... Hyundai Shop | Hyundai Aftermarket | Hyundai Accessories | Hyundai Parts | Hyundai Dealer Accessories

Originally Posted by ETse5spd
We just bought a 2011 Touring SE. Part of the deal was installation of the cross bars. The dealer called and scheduled a 4-hour appointment (!) to install the cross bars. When we saw the car after, we were very puzzled....they had installed a yakima rack with round cross bars. We expressed our concern to the salesperson, who coordinated it. He took us to parts department where we were told the crossbars were not available so they installed the yakima system. We have since researched availability of the cross bars and found them shown on a new SE at a dealer's, at the hyundai site, and on Ebay. We think the dealer may be pulling our leg. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 PM

Thanks, HyundaiShop. Got the cross rails from the dealer. Looked at your accessories for the ET and will probably be ordering mud guards and tailgate protector.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 AM

ET,

What do you plan on carrying? I'm into cycling and Yakima makes a rack system which works with most factory cross rails, including the ones on the ET.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:27 AM

Foley2010,

If you look at a photo earlier in this post, you can see the Yakima Tower/bars that work with the ET with rails.

We're going to attach a Yakima component system -- that fits the cross rails and can be raised or lowered -- designed to support/attach Kayaks. We'll be carrying two kayaks. link: http://www.yakima.com/shop/water/top/bigstack

Yakima does have bike carriers that fit the rails. I prefer to carry bikes in the rear for improved economy so we'll either use a 1 1/4" hitch rack or one of a number of good ones that attach to the 5th door to carry 2-3 bikes.

Last edited by ETse5spd; 04-23-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Former Site Vendor

Awesome! Happy to help ET... and if you do want to get those accessories/parts you mentioned (and/or anything else), we look forward to serving you... we are always working to catalog the latest Hyundai items as they become available, and our pricing is always less than MSRP... but additionally, remember, use the promo code 'CODEHF' at checkout to save another 10% ...and orders over $150... gets you FREE SHIP as well! NOW even includes heavy items which were previously excluded... e.g. like tow hitches... available on the Elantra Touring, RIMS and Ground effects Kits, etc. now qualify for this... (only our separate 'parts only' catalog is excluded from free ship, but pricing there you'll find is still cheaper than at the dealers and most our competitors...)... so yeah... whatever we can help you with to accessorize your ride, we look forward to your business! Hyundai Shop | Hyundai Aftermarket | Hyundai Accessories | Hyundai Parts | Hyundai Dealer Accessories

Originally Posted by ETse5spd
Thanks, HyundaiShop. Got the cross rails from the dealer. Looked at your accessories for the ET and will probably be ordering mud guards and tailgate protector.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Former Site Vendor

BTW... ET, I noticed earlier, you had also expressed interest in the Kayak Carrier Attachment... I figured I could offer some assistance with that as well as this attachment is also available on our site (works for different Hyundai models including your Elantra Touring, any Hyundai with cross rails). I wanted to point out however, and to reinforce this point earlier... Our goal is to bring you a diverse selection at the 'lowest prices', lower than at the dealer, and if we can help it, any of our competition... take for example our competitor you mentioned earlier in this thread, they list this Hyundai OEM Kayak part; same MSRP $169.00 and show $160.55 'On Sale'... now compare that same item in our 'Hyundai Shop'... Same MSRP: $169.00... But note, our 'Price' is: $143.65... and use the HyundaiForum.com promo code 'CODEHF', take another 10% off... that brings it down to $129.28! lol, and to go even further with this, now you really do want to use your extra savings to maybe get those front and rear sets of mudguards!*... that way, you can additionally still take advantage of our $150 min. FREE SHIP promotion as well. ...Just saying

Hyundai OEM 'KAYAK CARRIER' - Roof Rack/Cross Rails Attachment

*PS... FYI - or instead of mud guards, we also do have the Roof Rack Bike Carrier Attachment (which you also mentioned) as well, which does fit the Elantra Touring. And is discounted of course (all the other stuff I just mentioned applies, not to mention, costs less than the Bigstack Yakima attachment, and is Hyundai OEM)

Hyundai OEM 'Bike Rack' - Roof Rack/Cross Rails Attachment

Hyundai Roof Rack/Cross Rails Kayak Carrier Attachment (I054)
MSRP: $169.00 | Discounted to $143.65

Hyundai OEM Accessory for carrying your kayak which rest on felt lined Hydro Glide saddles for maximum support and hull protection, and includes one pair ratcheting tie downs, two straps and buckle protectors. Completely adjustable, attaches easily to your pre-existing cross rails - and of course, like everything else available at discount in 'Hyundai Shop' - promo codes can also be applied and qualifies for free ship if your combined order is over $150... (Hyundai Manufacturer Part No: 00285-03007)

Hyundai Shop | Hyundai Aftermarket | Hyundai Accessories | Hyundai Parts | Hyundai Dealer Accessories