Hyundai H-1 The H-1 offers unique styling on a mini-van sized frame, excellent for hauling both people and frieght.

cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Default cruise control

Hi
I have just bought an H1 and had a cruise control fitted, I was surprised that it wasn't an option.
It is a great van that I am making into a camper. If there is any interest will post pics
les
btw what van do you have in the USA instead of the H1

Old 08-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

We don't have anything that large from Hyundai/Kia in the US. The biggest we get is the Hyundai Entourage (which is now discontinued) and its twin the Kia Sedona.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:01 PM

Hi

Just placed an order for a H1 Travel in Germany. Would be interested to see photos of camper conversion as our last car in Scotland before moving here was a Mazda Bongo Friendee with AFT - lovely car written off by a BMW driver!!

Regards

25light

Old 09-18-2009, 04:45 PM

light25,
will post photos I haven't finished it yet
les

Old 03-16-2011, 03:51 PM

Hi

Are you in the UK? Where did you manage to find a Cruise Control and did you fit it yourself?

My i800 is screaming for cruise control, i find the position of the accelerator at motorway speeds hurts my ankle and calf muscles after an hour or so.

Cruise Control, a 6th gear, a radio with RDS and a better trip computer would all be on my improvement list... awesome van tho, as you say it's far better for most needs than a transporter

Cheers!

C

Old 04-19-2011, 05:42 PM

Hi
Can i make my i800 manual geer run with cruise control? and if yes what shell i do?
Thanks a lot
ron

Old 09-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Default Cruise control

Just picked up the UK i800 which is our version of the H1. The new 2012 model has rear wash/wipe RDS radio and 6 speed manual box! Seems that unlike other manufacturers Hyundai do listen to their customers.
6 speed manual version has lost 50 BHP but still seems to pull OK, and hopefully is a little more efficient.
I too would be interested in cruise control and I am looking at installing at least one roof mount DVD player. I previously had a Zafira with very flexible seating and it is a shame the seats don't fold flat, but they do seem to be easily removable. I could see the benefit of removing the single seat from the 60/40 split middle row if I had somewhere to store it, that way we wouldn't need to slide the middle row to access the rear row of seats all the time.
For over £10,000 less than a VW, or Chrysler Grand Voyager I think it's a bargain. I just hope the fuel economy is close to their claimed 44 mpg, it wasn't far out with the 5 speed.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by doomandgloom
Just picked up the UK i800 which is our version of the H1. The new 2012 model has rear wash/wipe RDS radio and 6 speed manual box! Seems that unlike other manufacturers Hyundai do listen to their customers.
6 speed manual version has lost 50 BHP but still seems to pull OK, and hopefully is a little more efficient.
I too would be interested in cruise control and I am looking at installing at least one roof mount DVD player. I previously had a Zafira with very flexible seating and it is a shame the seats don't fold flat, but they do seem to be easily removable. I could see the benefit of removing the single seat from the 60/40 split middle row if I had somewhere to store it, that way we wouldn't need to slide the middle row to access the rear row of seats all the time.
For over £10,000 less than a VW, or Chrysler Grand Voyager I think it's a bargain. I just hope the fuel economy is close to their claimed 44 mpg, it wasn't far out with the 5 speed.

I also have just picked up my i800 (2011) manual 5 spd. It would be very helpful if we could get some picture tutorials of how to fit cruise control and also if someone could explain to me how to remove single seat in middle row.
Apart from that, loving the i800 - great at ferrying people and ALL their things!!!
Thank you