Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

'07 Santa Fe electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Default '07 Santa Fe electrical problem

I left my Santa Fe parked in my driveway all day after returning from a 200 mile round trip yesterday evening. This evening I went out to get in the car and noticed that the emergency flashers were on. I tried to open the Santa Fe with my the remote key and nothing happened. I looked into the vehicle and every little light in the cabin was flashing. I was able to unlock the door manually, the emergency flasher wasn't depressed so I pushed it on and returned it to the off position. When I did this I heard a strange noise, then I turned the headlight switch to the off position the lights inside the cabin stopped flashing. Interesting though the flasher keeps making noise like it is still flashing. Click, Click, Click, Click... now if I shut the door the flasher keeps going, if I leave the driver's door open the flasher stops. All this seems quite strange. I looked for something labeled flasher in the fuse panel and couldn't detect which fuse controls the emergency flasher. The vehicle won't start or even turn over and I have no headlights. Any ideas?

Old 05-27-2009, 05:49 AM
Banned

Could be a sign of a weak battery. Take it to Autozone for a free electrical system check. If not that, I'd just take it in for warranty work.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Take it to a dealer to get looked at. Tiburons have a similar symptoms sometimes and it's caused by a bad BCM (Body Control Module). It's a $700+ part so if that is the same problem with your SF, I hope it's still under warranty.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Default Update '07 SF Electrical Problem

I left the driver's side door open last night, to keep the flasher from engaging, so this morning when I went out everything was completely dead. I was able to jump start the Santa Fe, after it started everything seemed to be working fine. To be on the safe side, I took the vehicle into the auto center that I bought the vehicle used from and they performed several diagnostic tests on the electrical system. Everything checked out good or even better than good. There were no error codes in the computer, so at this point no one can say what caused my vehicle to go into this mode. The service advisor did say that we have two parts to my problem. The first part is that something drained my battery and a low battery evidently sends the vehicle into alert mode and triggers the emergency flashers. Part two is that even if that happened my keyless entry should not have failed. At this point I will just have to monitor the problem and see if it surfaces again.