Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Help! '02 Santa Fe electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Default Help! '02 Santa Fe electrical problem

Hello, first of all I am new to this site and not sure exactly how it works. But the issue I am having is with my 2002 Santa Fe. Several weeks ago I had taken out a fuse (not sure which one) and was testing a fuse in another vehicle, I went back in and replaced it, but several things have not worked since. My Interior lights and dome light, dash light and stereo/radio will not work. Everything else seems to be fine. I have pulled out every fuse, several times and ensured they are all in good shape, especially the fuse(s) that I believe controls those devices to no avail. I checked the fuses inside in the engine compartment and they all appear to be good as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 PM

i am having a similar problem. my dashboard dimmer no longer works fog lights switch dont work and my center counsel where you switch gears no longer light up. so i did the same thing by checking the fuses in the car and under the hood. not sure what eles is going to go out.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 AM

Rodneez, I see where fuses 11 & 12 could be your issue. Another thing to consider
is the fact that these two fuses are powered via a power connector in the cabin
fuse panel. I would not anticipate any under hood issues with your problems. Focus
mainly on the cabin fuse panel area. I have not personally seen the connector in the
panel, just on a schematic diagram, so look carefully for it, you might have disturbed
its function while pulling fuses and chasing your problems.

Barryjx, You might also take a hard look at fuse 28 in the cabin. Your issue doesn't
sound like it is associated with Rodneez above, mainly in the foglamp area. The only
thing in the engine compartment I would recommend considering is the foglamp relay.
Using the KISS principle, unseat and reseat the relay a couple of times to ensure you
have good electrical contact. I anticipate you might have a relay control signal that
is not getting to the relay due to a lack of power to the foglamp switch assy.

You might try these simple suggestions as the fuses and connector discussed could
be in the center of both of your problems. If the fuses are all good, try to
wiggle them in their housing after you reinsert them to see if maybe there is a loose
fuseblock connection. If you are lucky you will trip over the faulty circuit this way.
Good luck.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Talking yeahhhh i fix my problem

i checked all of the fuses again in the cabin and bam! i found a fuse with a broken connection. then i got a spare fuse prayed for God to help me and wam boom! everything worked again. praise God. saved me time and money.

Amen

Barry <><

Old 03-23-2013, 11:19 AM

Bjx, Amen, chalk one up to the "KISS" concept!