Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2012 Santa Fe Door Lock Relay Location

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 12:03 PM
Default 2012 Santa Fe Door Lock Relay Location

My mom's 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe will not power lock. I can manually lock all four passenger doors and the driver's side door with my key. However there is no way to lock the trunk.

Locking the doors with a key fob gives a clicking noise but does nothing else. If I press the lock button on the driver's side and front passenger door panel, nothing happens. The doors also do not automatically lock when the gear is put into drive.

Oddly enough the car unlocks fine! Unlocks with the keyfob, panel buttons and when gear is in park.

I changed out the door lock fuse but same issue. From another thread, a poster mentioned replacing the door lock relay. Infact, the problem can be tested by switching the unlock relay and lock relay.

Only problem is I cannot find where the door lock relay is located. I believe it's suppose to be behind the fuse box but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help with a manual, tutorial or video? Google isn't helping much with my specific issue. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by avocado-girl; 11-25-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:01 PM

It sounds like there is a broken wire/connection in the system. I would start with checking the driver's side door switch and the wires that come from the driver's door to the door pillar where the wires flex every time the door is opened/closed.. May be more than you want to get involved in.

Old 05-15-2023, 02:40 PM
Default Same issue

Did you ever figure out how to resolve this I have the exact same issue and it is not the control panel on the door cuz I had that replaced as well

Old 05-24-2023, 07:14 AM

Before you changed the master sw, did you verify full power is available to the sw assy? Replacing parts without proving they are defective can get expensive and disappointing.

Old 05-24-2023, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Before you changed the master sw, did you verify full power is available to the sw assy? Replacing parts without proving they are defective can get expensive and disappointing.
Matter switch needed replacing anyhow, back windows were intermittent. I did find that there is a lock relay. Ordered that and hoping that will do the job.

Old 05-24-2023, 03:41 PM

Many times a driver forgets to close the driver's door window and water gets into the switch assy. That can result in some weird problems too.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:10 PM

I had that issue yrs ago with a 06 Sportage EX.. Left the driver window down just enough for the panel to get good and wet during a rain storm.. The passenger side window would not go up or down.. First thought was window motor.. After testing it and it was fine. I went and pulled the master panel on the driver door.. Lots of corrosion, replaced and issue was solved.

Old 05-26-2023, 10:57 PM

Yeah poor design I would say. If you are in drive through during rain storm, controls getting soaked. Anyway the issue isn't with the master switch it's the relay for the lock. Took it to local mechanic, said it's the fuse panel and the relay wasn't serviceable so it would be 4k. Come to find out it is, just difficult. Waiting for part. I'll post if successful

Old 07-22-2023, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by damionwalkup@gmail.com
Yeah poor design I would say. If you are in drive through during rain storm, controls getting soaked. Anyway the issue isn't with the master switch it's the relay for the lock. Took it to local mechanic, said it's the fuse panel and the relay wasn't serviceable so it would be 4k. Come to find out it is, just difficult. Waiting for part. I'll post if successful
Wow, I thought I was crazy since no one else chimed in! I ended up just removing the lock / unlock fuse and had my mom manually lock and unlock her door.

There's been plenty of other issues with this car since so the door lock issue wasn't a priority anymore. I'm curious if you found the lock relays or if you were able to get this fixed!

Old 07-23-2023, 10:46 AM

Yep replaced fuse box in car and all is good now. 650 at dealer. Could of got it cheaper online