Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

A/C Condenser Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 07:09 PM

If I were to suggest anything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it would be based on the past posts, place a protective screen in front of the condenser BEFORE the stone ???? hits it.
Hyundai warranty only applies to the original owner and is not transferable. It also usually applies to POWERTRAIN ONLY. That is the last info I came across.
If it was changed , Not aware.

Warranty info should be contained in the owner's manual.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:20 AM
Default Grille openings too large allowing damage to AC condensers

Purchased a new 2019 Kona Limited July 29th 2019. Had to already pay out $1,000 out of pocket to replace the AC condenser that was not covered by warranty. The condenser was damaged by a small stone that was easily passed through the newer large openings in the grills now on all the Hyundai SUV's. This is going to be an bigger issue as I have read below where in some cases owners have already replaced two-three AC condensers for the very same issue. Bad design flaw especially in places like south Florida with numerous sand and gravel pits. The gravel is hauled in dump trucks that are overfilled and spill all over our highways. I will now have spend additional money to have a customized protective mesh grill installed on the inside of the OEM grill has too large of openings and will likely happen again if not protected.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:16 AM

Purchased a new 2019 Kona Limited July 29th 2019. Had to already pay out $1,000 out of pocket to replace the AC condenser that was nit covered by warranty. The condenser was damaged by a small stone that was easily passed through the newer large openings in the grills now on all the Hyundai SUV's. This is going to be an bigger issue as I have read forums where in some cases owners have already replaced two-three AC condensers for the very same issue. Bad design flaw especially in places like south Florida with numerous sand and gravel pits where the gravel is hauled in dump trucks that overfill and spill all over our highways. I will now have spend additional money to have a customized protective mesh grill installed on the inside of the OEM grill that has to large of openings and will likely happen again if not protected.