Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

How does a passenger compartment fuse panel work 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 08:56 AM
Default How does a passenger compartment fuse panel work 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L

How does a passenger compartment fuse panel work 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L
I have a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L
I have a few electrical issues with it and was trying to figure out
how the fuse panel works, I can't seem to find a schematic of the box itself
Its the passenger compartment fuse panel.
One example is the Radio circuit when the key is turned off the radio stays on until the driver's door
is opened. I am assuming the BCM gets a signal from the driver's door switch that the door is open
but how or what kills the power to the radio circuit and a
few other circuits, I think the clock, power mirror switch and Cigarette lighter.
What happens on my car is that the radio, clock, Cigarette lighter and the power mirror switch will
lose power when the key is off and the driver's door is opened but when the door is closed they will all turn back on
(killing the battery overnight) I had it at a shop on and off for 2 months and they replaced the BCM, Ignition Switch, and
the driver's side door switch. The problem has started again this time it's constant problem not intermittent.
If someone could explain how the system works I will be able to find a direction to troubleshoot,

Thanks
Dave

Old 01-09-2020, 11:02 PM

I don't know a darn thing about how it works
But, ... lets do some guessing ...
Radio stays one until door is opened
That would say that the body control module gets the signal from the door to turn the power going to the radio off.
It should then stay that way until the next time you start your vehicle's engine
The mechanics say they replaced the BCM, ignition switch and driver's door switch
That is pretty much all the components involved except for the wiring and connectors (and grounding points).
Would need a schematic to verify that assumption

Anyway, hope there is someone else that can help you.

Old 01-10-2020, 05:10 AM

Newer vehicles have what is referred to as a "Controller area network- CAN system ".
This system works with several different modules in the vehicle. The BCM is one of those modules. The instrument cluster is another one of the modules They feed info to the network and when they work correctly , everything is great. When they malfunction for whatever reason , some things stop working correctly and the idea is now to pin down which one.This usually requires a wiring diagram and a capable scan tool. The shop may require another chance to determine what is going on and some of these things can get somewhat complicated. As you know , the more niceities it has , the more chances for things to go wrong..
Suppose you gave them another chance to correct the problem, are you OK with that?

Old 01-10-2020, 09:47 AM

Thank you both for the reply.

I think I am going to verify powers and grounds at the BCM first. Today the radio and clock now shut off when I turn off
the key but should stay on until the door is opened. Also, the remote lock/unlock works intermittent this just started.
Sometime I will get a chime now when I open the driver's door -- weird.

I would like to bring it back to the shop but can afford to leave the car there. Before I had a spare car to use.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:24 AM

Depending on what and when you decide to do it, If you contact the shop that did the past work and let them know there is still a problem . Then when and if you decide to bring it back , there are no surprises. That usually gives you both some "Breathing room".

Old 01-10-2020, 05:27 PM

Some one said it could be the wires going through the conduit between the car door and the chassis
The wires bend every time one gets in and out of the vehicle
So, it get quite a bit of use. Be a good idea to check those wires.