Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

New Fuel Pump Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Unhappy New Fuel Pump Issues

OK, I'm a senior lady and still having to do some of my own work so cut costs, so I pray someone can direct me here. I have 2001 Santa FE 2.4, 4 cyl with 105,000 miles. I've had good luck with it and had many major repairs under warranty when I first bought it used 5 yrs ago. Haven't had any real issues since. Used the veh and the next day wouldn't start. Coughed a few times like it wanted to, but nada. There were no warning signs on the last drive.Checked fuel pump relay and fuse, OK. Getting juice at fuel pump connector (both sides), but could not hear it pumping & no pressure when I pulled off hoses. I don't have equipt to do any other type of pressure check. Pulled it out & replaced the pump only as all else seemed fine. Had someone crank the engine while I listened with a stethoscope, and the pump was whirling away, but engine won't turn over. Pulled it out again & pulled one hose & gas came shooting out, so there is pressure. NOW what do I do? I'm a bit old to have to be doing this stuff, so please shoot me an email (I've enabled email from members) as I'm dead in the water without a vehicle. I'm not a mechanic, but have learned many things out of neccesity over the years. Thank you so much.