Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:15 PM

Just bought the 2011 Limited after sitting on the fence for the new Jetta TDI which I really liked. The Sonata was almost identical to my neighbors Lexus. It is that good.

I traded my Mazda Speed3 hatchback which I did not want to do but the Sonata is a more sensible daily drive for my long daily commute.

I told my wife I was test driving a Hyundai and she said "huh a Hyundai?" She was sold once she drove it.

Let's just hope it is has long term reliability which was a big question mark for the VW.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:24 AM

i work for a hyundai dealership in philly where i live. i actually just bought a 2010 sonata gls about a week ago. but the 2011's are very nice. they have 200hp out of a 4 cyl and they get 35mpg. i took one on a dealertrade to north jersey about 80 miles away and i didnt even use a quarter tank and i was doin about 80 the whole way. they will be comming out with a turbocharged version very soon. it might not be no 3.3 but theres been alot of buzz goin around the dealership about it. the power is gonna be close to the 3.3 from what i heard.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by sduff68
I would have never thought that they would improve the car so much two years after a major refreshing and only four years after the car first came out.
[/quote]

Hyundai Sonata first came out in 1989

Old 03-26-2010, 07:48 PM

The only thing I dislike about the 2011 is the sound of the exhaust, sounds as if there is a small leak, lol and exiting from the back seat. If you are 5'9 .... watch your head when getting out. lol

Old 03-28-2010, 05:25 AM
Default Hyundai Sonata, segment buster!

I just purchased a 2011 GLS A/T w option 02/AB. This car is amazing! I traded my Mercedes due to bad traction in winter(rear wheel drive). It Auto light, USB and ipod connection, LED ambient light, XM radio, Bluetooth, separate reading light for front and rear and even Pinch protection on drivers window. Wow!
I test drove Honda, and Mazda but at the end of the day, Hyundai Sonata was a better car. People turn their heads and gives thumbs up and even grandmothers turn their heads. For Hyundai? Are you kidding me? The car is so smooth due to 6 speed transmission and the fuel consumption is so slow.. Who needs Hybrid? Get this car while the dealers are still willing to bargain. The CEO's at Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Subaru and competitors better step up. One business associate of mine who works in Korea states that they cannot sell Sonata due to lack of supply. He states that New Kia Optima is even better than Sonata. If I recall correctly, about 5-6 years ago, Samsung and LG's were no names in electronics and now they have over taken Sony, Panasonic and such. Some of the vehicles that are coming out of the pipelines are very exciting. My dealer ran out of Tucson and Kia Sportage that is coming is also very exciting.
Overall, if Hyundai and Kia keeps this up and Honda, other competitors do not, they will over take the industry in about 4-5 years.