Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2011 Sonata Bluetooth Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Question 2011 Sonata Bluetooth Compatibility

The first time I paired my Verizon HTC Touch Pro II with our new Sonata everything worked fine. My phonebook even came over to the Sonata. However, a couple of days later it doesn't see my phonebook. I have tried repeatedly to send the phonebook to the Sonata bluetooth, but it simply says 'No Phonebook Available' when I hit the 'Contacts' icon.
Any ideas out there?

Old 10-08-2010, 11:47 PM

I have the HTC droid incredible and mine did the same thing. The first time it paired and connected everything worked great! I could make and receive calls over bluetooth, use GPS over bluetooth, even stream Pandora over bluetooth.

Now, sometines it works and sometimes it doesn't. I did figure out today when the phone is paired but not connected, if you long press (atleast on the HTC incredible anyway) you will be presented with two options (which both can be selected)...you can either use bluetooth stritctly for phone or strictly for playing media...or both...........if your lisiting to music and you get a call, it puts the music on hold until your done....I still can't get my phonebook to transfer over now...it did it one time.

Even though my phones is not on the official compatibility list, it still works. - http://www.hyundaiusa.com/pdf/List%2....4%20Final.pdf

Old 10-15-2010, 10:54 AM

Well my wife and i both have verizon phones, I have the Droid and she has the Droid Eris. her phone always has connections issues and problems with the address book as well as the name she programs into her phone changes. I on the otherhand never have any problems with my Droid of any sort. Works 100% with no issues. We have had the car for about 5 months. So i guess what im getting at is dont blame the car it could just be your phone.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:08 PM

Does anyone know if Sprint Version of LG Rumor Touch is compatible with 2011 Sonata bluetooth system ?

Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 AM

According to Hyundai's website, the Sprint UX-260 Rumor is compatible.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Default LN 510 LG Rumor Touch

Originally Posted by rcady
According to Hyundai's website, the Sprint UX-260 Rumor is compatible.
That is a different phone. Mine is LG Rumor Touch
Model LN 510

Thanks for your response though.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:53 AM

Check the bluetooth security settings on the phone. I had similar problems until I checked that and set it to automatic, then no more problems, although not the same phone (motorola W755).

Last edited by PixelMyster; 10-22-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Default LG Cell and Bluetooth failures

My wife has a 2011 Sonata Limited and we were pleased to be able to have a hands free phone system with the Bluetooth capability. We soon found out that her LG LX370 phone refused to connect with the Bluetooth. It would pair successfully but as soon as a connect was made the LG phone would shut down in a reboot. If allowed it would continue to connect, shut down and reboot time after time until disabled. We even got another, identical, LG phone from Sprint and the same thing happened. Anyone experience this problem? By the way the Hyundai web site lists this as a compatable phone.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:36 AM
mbm

You're not missing much anyway. Maybe 20% of my calls are understood by the other person, though I hear them fine. Naturally, the dealer says "Functions as designed" (they love saying that).

Old 04-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Default Bluetooth performance

I have found that increasing the volume helps a lot but your passenger will be very difficult to hear since the Microphone is just above your head on the drivers side. There is a significant delay like a real long distance call but I guess that happens with all of them. Other than that it seems to work rather well as a hands free device. I would like to see a microphone on the passenger side also so both could participate in a conversation.

Quick Reply: 2011 Sonata Bluetooth Compatibility