Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2011 Sonata Bluetooth Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by ccwoil05
I have found that increasing the volume helps a lot but your passenger will be very difficult to hear since the Microphone is just above your head on the drivers side. There is a significant delay like a real long distance call but I guess that happens with all of them. Other than that it seems to work rather well as a hands free device. I would like to see a microphone on the passenger side also so both could participate in a conversation.
I've never seen a vehicle with mics on both sides of the car. I think that it's because the passenger is free to hold their cell phone and make phone calls and so the "device" is designed for the driver to make a hands free call.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Default Connecting to Bluetooth in 2011 Sonata

My LG VX8600 (Verizon) initially paired and connected with no problem. One time. After that first time, I could rarely get it to connect until I figured out the following steps. Start with sound system "off" and Bluetooth on phone "off". Power phone's Bluetooth "on" and while it is doing that, turn on the sound system. Instruct the phone to "Connect device" (in this case "Sonata").

This usually causes them to connect, and they will stay connected until the car is turned off. If the car is re-started within a short period, they will usually re-connect, but if it is more than 30 minutes or so, then I have to start over. This is a pretty lame approach, so I only use Bluetooth for longer trips.

There could be problems with individual phones, including mine, but I think Hyundai needs a software or firmware update. A month ago, the Compatibility List on the Hyundai website didn't even work. At least, they've got that working again!

Old 06-26-2011, 06:43 PM

i have the lg lx370 does anyone know how to make it work with the sonata bluetooth please help im pulling my hair out!!!!

Last edited by simpleman_343; 06-26-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by ccwoil05
My wife has a 2011 Sonata Limited and we were pleased to be able to have a hands free phone system with the Bluetooth capability. We soon found out that her LG LX370 phone refused to connect with the Bluetooth. It would pair successfully but as soon as a connect was made the LG phone would shut down in a reboot. If allowed it would continue to connect, shut down and reboot time after time until disabled. We even got another, identical, LG phone from Sprint and the same thing happened. Anyone experience this problem? By the way the Hyundai web site lists this as a compatable phone.
ho do you make the lg lx 370 work with the bluetooth?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:42 AM

Does anyone know if Hyundai has a new and updated list for compatible cell phones that can be used with their bluetooth?
I want to several places to get a new phone that would be compatible and was told that the list I had was outdated by about 2 years.
Among the places i tried were Verizon, Walmart, Sams and Best Buy to name a few.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Default BlueTooth compatability

Here is the link to the website: Hyundai Bluetooth Compatibility. It is dated "2011", but I don't know how current the phone models are.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 PM

I noticed that it takes a while for my accent to 'download' my contacts from my phone. I have an HTC eris and haven't had problems connecting. voice quality is dependent on the signal of the phone. I noticed that putting it in the center console area helps as the phone is out in the open.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Default compatability issue

i would strongly encourage anyone with a compatability issue to look at the compatability list, and if your phone is on there and still does not work contact the better business buereau and file a complaint as i have done. they will buy you a new phone at the least! I've been put through the ringer over this now hyundai knows of the problem and will deal with ppl.

Last edited by simpleman_343; 08-03-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Default Samsung SGH-a197 GoPhone works with 2012 Sonata Nav

For the record, my Samsung SGH-a197 GoPhone works fine with my 2012 Sonata Nav system. It paired effortlessly, synched my contacts, and all features have been working, including the steering wheel call and hang-up buttons. The sound quality is okay thought not sterling according to my recipients. My father, who was used to talking to me via my OnStar system in my previous car, says the sound is the same, which means he has no trouble understanding me. On my end, the sound is not bad at all.

I had read hundreds of messages regarding problems other Sonata users were having getting the BlueLink BlueTooth system to work with their phones, and I was concerned about getting an inexpensive prepaid phone to work in my just purchased 2012 turbo. I did a lot of research and took a leap with the Samsung SGH-a197 GoPhone, which I got from Amazon for $41, including a $15 usage credit (the phone thus cost $26). I am on the 10¢ per minute plan, which only charges me a dime per minute when I make a call.

So far, I am quite happy with my choice.