Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2013 Sonata Hybrid Paint Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Angry 2013 Sonata Hybrid Paint Problem

I have a paint problem on a new 2103 Sonata Hybrid. I have owned the car for 3 months and the Hyper Silver Metallic paint is defective because the paint is striped on all four doors. The dealer and the area factory rep both viewed the car in person and both agree that the problem is real. The factory rep said that Hyundai would agree to repaint the affected panels but I am reluctant to agree to this "fix" since I believe that there is nothing more lasting and durable than factory paint. I asked Hyundai to take the car back and replace it with an identical model that has proper paint. Today I got a letter from Hyundai denying any problem and saying that they have no intention to do anything for me. I am not so sure that a replacement vehicle is a solution because I was at a different dealership today and they had a Hyper Silver Metallic Hybrid on the lot and it had paint stripes too. Is anyone else fighting this problem at this time? Perhaps a class-action law suit might get their attention.

Attached Thumbnails 2013 Sonata Hybrid Paint Problem-passenger-side-reduced.jpg  
Old 11-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

You are on dugs. There is no way any car company would replace a whole car over paint. Repainting the problem areas is totally the correct fix under warranty. Since you refused the deal you are SOL.

Class-action law sut over paint? Ha ha. That's a good one.