Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

99 Sonata horn location (not working)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 99 Sonata horn location (not working)

Can you see the picture in this post? It should show both the relay and fuse locations for the horn. Also, I noticed that in some places in the 99 schematics, it shows a 20A horn fuse; in others it is 10A. So if you see either one in your fuse box, don't be surprised.

Finally, I found this for the horn system. It's from a 2002 Sonata but I think they are the same.

The multifunction switches and slipring connectors are built into the steering wheel. It sould like maybe there something going on with the switch in the wheel and/or the air bag. If you need a new airbag, you could either try to find one on ebay or at a local salvage yard. I found this one currenty up for auction. I'm not 100% sure but I think it might work ona 1999 model; it's about $85 shipped. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-05...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 05-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Default RE: 99 Sonata horn location (not working)

Thanks Doohickie!
Ok I found that I am missing my horn relay thats the good news! The bad news is the dealer needs the old number as his information is insuficient by just telling him year make and model and telling him my horn relay. Its crazy and even he is frusterated. apperently the techs have the same issue. So can anyone look at their 99 horn relay under the hood under the relay panel and let me know wht number the horn relay is?
Doohickie funny you should mention the slip ring as the #$%%^ guy I just got the car from said he just replaced it. The car was apperently broken into and now I am dealing with several things one of which is a non functional horn (BTW it was disconnected too). I do feel as if there is no switch. Do you know if thats part of the air bag assembly or just underneath it? How do you get all this info? I can not even find a manual and the stuff the daler has is not very good.