Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink and compass

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Default Auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink and compass

Getting ready to buy a 2016 Sonata Sport with the Premium Package. The only thing that I want to add on is the Auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink and compass. It's part of the Tech Package but I really don't care for all the other things in there - especially the added costs.

Question, can I purchase that upgraded mirror from the dealer's Parts Department and then have the dealership install it, or can you only get it with the Tech Package? If you can get it as a dealer add-on about how much should I expect to pay for the mirror and how much for the install?

Thanks in advance for your help and I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum. Should be some great info in here for me to learn from.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:00 PM

Shouldn't you be asking the dealership?

Old 02-02-2016, 11:21 PM

In most cases I like to know an approximate answer to a question I ask - if at all possible. Especially the part regarding the cost of an install. Over the years I have had so many varied responses from Service Departments when it comes to work it is kind of scary. I was just wondering if anyone on here had done this already and if so how had it worked out for them. If no one responds then I will see what I can get done and report back.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Former Site Vendor

You must purchase a vehicle equipped with blue link, if the vehicle does not have blue link then you cannot add the mirror in question. The part number you are looking for is C2062-ADU00 which can be purchased here: Mirror, Auto Dimming with BlueLink and HomeLink. #C2062ADU00. If the item was installed at our dealership it would cost approximately $75-100 USD for installation.

Old 07-18-2021, 09:46 PM
Default PEP Boys

FYI ..
PEP Boys was actually bought by Carl Ichan/AutoPlus, 4 years ago.

I was just informed of this a few days ago from the person behind the counter when I went into a PEP Boys to purchase a Transmission mount which they did not carry She informed me that Ichan rents the "PEP Boys" name and that the Service Center is still run by PEP Boys. She also seemed to think a number of the stores will be closing down. It was certainly all a surprise to me

Last edited by KO Landscapes; 07-18-2021 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:15 PM

Thank you for the update.
Unfortunately,,,,,,,,,,,when some businesses change hands , that is the beginning of the end.
Let's hope this store chain that has been around for a long time, maybe will get some new blood and come back to a vibrant life.
Sometime this happens because growth was ignored and customer satisfaction went out the window, don't know .