Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Horn stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 01:04 PM
Unhappy Horn stopped working

So I have a 2017 Hyundai Sonata Sport. The horn suddenly stopped working last week. I have located and replaced the fuse under the hood. That didn't resolve the problem. I connected a wire to the positive and negative terminals on the battery and touched the other ends to the horn power connection and the horn sounded, so I know that isn't the issue. My feeling is that it's probably the relay under the hood, which appears to be on one of the "row" relays in the fuse box under the hood. Any other suggestions?
Can I just get the "row relay," remove the screws holding the old one, remove it and replace it or is there more to it than that?

Old 06-15-2023, 02:09 PM

Suppose you consider the following' Look in your owner's manual. In there you will find a diagram of the fuse and relay panels. Also in there, it will show which fuse and/or relay controls the horn function. If it shows 2 relays that might be the same, just switch them and see if the horn now works, it is that easy.

Old 06-15-2023, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Suppose you consider the following' Look in your owner's manual. In there you will find a diagram of the fuse and relay panels. Also in there, it will show which fuse and/or relay controls the horn function. If it shows 2 relays that might be the same, just switch them and see if the horn now works, it is that easy.
cool. Will take a look. From what I've seen, it appears that the relay is in the strip of relays that is in the fuse box under the hood