Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

My 2011 SE issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Default My 2011 SE issues

So I got my car on 9/1/2010 and since day 1 this car has been a total disappointment. The day I got the car while driving home I noticed that it was pulling slightly to the left. Since then the pulling has become so severe that if I were to let go of the wheel the car would aim right for the wall. Ive had the car at the dealer ship twice already. Once for the recall and then again for an alignment. Neither of which have fixed this issue at all. When I had it in they also looked at numerous rattles, squeeks and creaks that I have in the interior. They said that it was all because of loose clips in the headliner and that they fixed it. I drove it home that day and wouldnt you know it the rattles were still there. I have been waiting a week and a half to get the car back in because they have no loaner cars available at the time.

Since the last time I had the car in the dealer 2 new problems have showed their ugly faces. When I am driving the car with either the heat or ac on it is blowing gasoline fumes into the cabin. And by no means is this a minor odor. It is a very severe odor that actually has made me feel sick on numerous occasions.

And the second new issue is that after I shut the car off and get out there is a smell that the bestI Can explain is the odor of burning oil. The dealership is well aware of the new issues and they still have not been able to get me out of this car and into a loaner.

I have also been in contact with Hyundai Consumer Affairs and they are also waiting for the dealership to get the car in so they can have a corporate tech come look at the car. Now its just a waiting game til I am able to get my car in the shop. One positive thing I will give Hyundai is their customer service is amazing. The rep I am dealing with from Consumer Affairs has called me everyday since I reported the issues to them to follow up and see if the dealer has taken the car in.

I know the steering issue has been mentioned here so I know that I am not the only one experiencing it. But has anyone else experienced the gasoline fumes blowing into the car or the burning oil smell?