2011 ET SE Quality Issues - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:52 PM

Default 2011 ET SE Quality Issues

Hello All,
I've had my ET SE with manual for a little under 2 months now and I convinced myself that Hyundai had overcome their nagging quality issues of previous years, but I've been disappointed with quality and service to date.

Issues
  • Front Passenger Seat
    • Needs to be replaced and reupholstered because the foam is degrading and the leather is bunching up after someone sits in it for several minutes
    • Part on back order, dealer said they've had to do this on several other Hyundai models
  • Gas Tank Door
    • Does not open when lever is pulled, pin needs to be replaced and parts on back order
  • Rear Hatch
    • Misaligned and only shuts after several attempts
  • Moon Roof
    • Rattles when opened fully and dealer cannot determine cause
  • Blue Tooth
    • I ordered my car with a blue tooth as offered by Hyundai only to find out it isn't a stock part, but had to be installed by a 3rd party. The quality is horrible and after 10 hours of installation I got my car back with pen ink on the driver side leather inset of the door. The dealer can't get the ink out.
I like the mileage and the features but I have serious concerns about the quality and whether this car will last without causing me countless headaches. Anyone else have these experiences?
Old 07-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Banned

Nope. No issues for my six-month old SE/MT. The bluetooth was already installed when I saw it on the lot.