Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Question about upgrading my sound system in my sonata

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Default Question about upgrading my sound system in my sonata

I want to upgrade my cars audio system and I've been told that too much of an upgrade will actually hurt the electronics in my car. Currently I own 2 Sony xplod XM-2200GTX amps. One for each fosgate 12" P3 Sub woofer and 1 fosgate punch P400-4 amp for the mids and highs. I've been told these are too old to install in my new Sonata because they aren't efficient enough and could hurt my car electronics. Is this true? Can anyone help me with this? I don't want these dealers here to take me for a ride and I'm actually considering the stealthbox from JL audio but I can only do one. Does anyone know any where I could find a good enclose for each side like a stealth box? Please if anyone could help I'd love to talk about this more.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:59 PM

Hey there,
So it sounds like you have alot of power in the amps and subs you need a capacitator (hope I spelled it right) to stabilize the power flow to the rest of the car. Have you ever seen a sound system in a car pound and the lights dim? Thats what is bad for the electronics. Electronics like stable power to run best. When you load the altenator with two amps and head lights at night and slam on the brakes it pulls alot on the electrical system over time it could damage stuff including your system. Hope that helps you and make sense.

GTsmokeya