Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Question on Pricing of Sonata

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Default RE: Question on Pricing of Sonata

ORIGINAL: mamamia

...In general, I would never let a woman deal with a car dealer on her own...
My wife's '07 Sonata, which has about everything except leather, had a sticker price of 15,999. She hammered on the salesman for a couple of hours and got the loan including tax and tags for 13,300. She was too tired to go on, because she was recovering from a 70 MPH head on collision the week before(happened while sitting at a red light in her Galant).
What kind of women do you hang with, mamamia? I don't think mine would care whether you would let her or not.
Pretty general insult there dude.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:24 PM

Insult? I don't think so, Rusty. Women are not the problem, car dealers are. I know they treat women and elderly people different than they would be treating younger potential buyers who seem to know the "rules of the trade"....

Of course, I can only say I wish I could bring your wife with me to my next car shopping...

Old 05-16-2008, 06:11 PM

Insult? I don't think so, Rusty. Women are not the problem, car dealers are. I know they treat women and elderly people different than they would be treating younger potential buyers who seem to know the "rules of the trade"....
You're right about that, they do treat them differently.
We are in our early 50's but still on the game.

Of course, I can only say I wish I could bring your wife with me to my next car shopping...

Maybe if we could put her on a few of them, they'd start showing a little more respect.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:11 PM

Couple years ago I met a colleague of mine, a 60 years old widow, whose really old Crown Victoria went broke and she went to the local Ford dealer to get a new one. Me being suspicious, I asked her how much she paid, she gave me a number, forgot what it was and added "whatever was printed on the window sticker"... She also told me how they gave her the rust and fabric treatment for half price, something like an extra $1,000........ I got really furious, but didn't want to ruin her day.

These dealer (no, not all, but most of them) would cheat their own mother if they could.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:54 PM
dgs

I just got an 09 V6 Limited with navigation and the car is amazing. I've been averaging 27 MPG according to the trip computer, which is amazing to me for a V6 that isn't even fully broken in. I test drove a four cylinder limited they had at the dealership just for kicks and it was not the same car. I know gas prices are killer and only getting worse, but I still wouldn't buy the four cylinder. The V6 is too good and the power/torque difference is quite noticeable. Anyone who says it's not is fooling themselves.

To the OP I would be happy with the gas mileage you get with a four cylinder, because as others have said there is no way you can trade out so soon unless you have an enormous amount of money to pay off the negative equity. I will relay the advice I got before buying my Hyundai to you, from a good friend who owns a 2007 Sonata "Hyundai Sonata's are fantastic cars, every bit as good as an Accord or Camry, but you better really like the car before you purchase one because the resale value is no where near Honda or Toyota."

Old 05-22-2008, 08:57 AM

ORIGINAL: mkaresh

I agree, you'll get killed if you trade it.

Do you think they knew you wanted a V6, and willfully misled you, or they just weren't paying attention?
I agree on trying to trade... I just got my 09 at dealer invoice, your price is good....