Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Shifting issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 02:48 AM
Default Shifting issues

I have a 2016 Hyundai Sonata Limited. When manual shifting from 5th to 4th is pulsates like a miss which the dealer did dx a miss on cylinder 4(all components were replaced) however that didn’t fix the issue! Now they drive car and say they can’t get it to do it which is a lie because they can’t figure out how to fix( they say they need to get reading while driving to fix)! I took them on ride and couldn’t get it to do it at that time, but it does it all the time and they r giving me runaround, so what do u guys think?

Old 12-17-2019, 04:29 PM

Since you asked,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I would say , it is typical. You know how your tooth hurts until you get into the dentist's office then all of a sudden it doesn't hurt as badly.
Well cars are like that too.
If I might , I would like to suggest you try to write down exactly what conditions happen to be present when this takes place. A good scan tool and a good tech can check what is called "Freeze Frame" info. The tool will provide all the data conditions at the time a code is set. That data can be examined when convenient and hopefully any unusual reading will tip off just what has/is happening. Then the tech has someplace to start his/her checking. Saves a lot of time and work.
Just like when you go to the doctor and tell him, I have a headache. He might inquire if you happen to know if any special activity sets this off, but you get the picture
Next time take the person for a longer ride. Even if he disagrees you know he is not gonna get out and walk. Go for a cup of coffee.
This will probably be the last time you ask , what do you guys think , lol